Leupold 20-60x80 spotting scope

I just picked one up about 2 weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it. The 80mm objective really opens things up when you're looking way out there. I found that the best quality was not going over 45x-50x. Oh!, and it's heavy too. I'm thinking about keeping this one in camp and getting a 15x45-60 for the field. Overall, it's a graet spotter.
Fly

I've owned one since it came out. Real nice and krispy clear. But, I wish I had purchased the 65mm, just for its smaller size. While backpacking this scope setup is a little bulky. I have to try and find a lighter weight tripod. My setup weighs about 6 1/2 pounds. With the 65mm I would save approx. a pound. Best of luck. Just love it!

I also use an 80mm spotting scope and yes it is a little heavy and bulky and yes there are many times that you cannot zoom in over 45x but then there are many times that you can zoom out to 60x and many times that the 80mm objective and 60x made the difference in my viewing. There are times when I wish I'd gone with the 60mm scope but not very often. Try a lightweight tripod. This helps out a great deal. Its all opinion and all what makes you happy. Just giving you another persons angle on the situation. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom