Leupold custom turrets

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I have one and had a need to adjust it recently. I was surprised that it took only about 1/4 turn of ONE of the 3 set screws and it popped free easily. It was the same putting it back on.

Does that seem right? Turn any one of the 3 set screws 1/4 turn and it goes from fully tight to coming off? I checked it carefully and there are no obstructions and everything seems ok. This is the only time I have removed it since I put it on about 5 years ago so nothing is stripped/old or broken/dirty.

I have found that if I loosen all the screws to the same depth, then tighten a quarter turn each until they touch, it makes it so it won't come off with only one loose.
I have a bunch of Leupolds and I've never had one fail, but that practice makes me feel better.

I have one and had a need to adjust it recently. I was surprised that it took only about 1/4 turn of ONE of the 3 set screws and it popped free easily. It was the same putting it back on.

Does that seem right? Turn any one of the 3 set screws 1/4 turn and it goes from fully tight to coming off? I checked it carefully and there are no obstructions and everything seems ok. This is the only time I have removed it since I put it on about 5 years ago so nothing is stripped/old or broken/dirty.
I have noticed same thing with mine. Haven’t had a problem, but it concerns me.

Never had a problem, but it has been a concern of mine also. I don't really worry anymore, but that bothered me when I first started running the VX6. I've ran it back to the zero and applied some pressure, when properly tightened, I'm not sure at what force it would slip, but it's more than I fell comfortable applying must be pretty secure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom