Leupold RX II

adamsoa

I've been thining about getting one of these but I've heard that they dont do all the things that they are supposed too. Does anyone have any experience with these and how do they like them

Do not buy it. Bought one and put a tape to it and it was from 2 to 5 yards off on the distances out to 60 yards. The further I got out the farther it was off. Took it back and bought a Bushnell.

I waivered back and forth and when it came down to it I bought the Leica 900. No matter how hard i tried to go with Leupold the accrucy and use in low light and long distance targets were just not there. IMO go with leica until all the bugs are worked out and trustworthy in the Leupold.

Ohhhh Booyyyyy,
Very bad subject!!!! It is Friday night now, by Monday I will have called Leupold to tell them how crappie I think their product is.. I have the RXII's. I have tried several times to use this rangefinder, thank goodness I still carried my old pair of Nikons! Do not try and use these through a Double Bull blind, it will not see through the screen, I used every possible setting and it would not work. It is too difficult to use and too inaccurate in it's yardage to trust. I absolutely hate it and hope I can recover some of my $.

I went to buy one but after using it in the store and having a hard time ranging dark objects I bought the Nikon Monarch laser 800.
When Leupold gets the bugs worked out on the RX's I'll take another look at them. There are so many negative reviews on them that I'm sure Leupold is hard at work trying to fix the problems.

I have used the Nicon Monarch for the past 2 years and it has proved very reliable. I haven't tried the Leupold but I have heard some nigthmare stories about it.

It's always an adventure!!!

got one for my birthday and works good for my archery applications have a lica form rifle shooting.

Had RXIII What a serious POS for sure. Could not get readings unless conditions were perfect. Furthest reading ever obtained was on a huge flat cliff face of just over 700 meters. Forget snow or cloudy days at any range to get a reading. I love Leupold products and have gold ring binos and scopes. These range finders should embarass Leupold. Thank goodness I was able to take it back and now have a Leica. The new Leica is so much easier and better the Leupold belongs in a cereal box as a free give away.

Two of my buddies and myself all brought the Leupold RX-III back and luckily got our money back. Too complicated and just doesn't do a good job! Nice concept though! Will be nice once they work it out and make if more user friendly. The manual sucked also.

wow, i figured everybody would love them! i was all ready to sell my lieca 1200's, then a buddy bought the 1500 yd model, junk! i could sit with him and range out to 800 yards offhand,we had touble getting his to read at 400 yds. and the angle meter isn't all its craked up to be, unless your on a 90% grade, even then its not that useful! glad i kept the lieca's.and he is glad he sill has his bushnell's to use instead!

I bought the RX-II and have had no problems with it. I haven't checked the accuracy of it but I will now. On the bow setting it will not calculate the TBR if range is over 60yds. The inclinemeter on mine seems to work well and it picks up distances out to 500 yds easily. Maybe I got a newer version?

Leupold has excellant customer relations so I'm sure they will make good on their product.

-Lowedog

>I've been thining about getting one
>of these but I've heard
>that they dont do all
>the things that they are
>supposed too. Does anyone
>have any experience with these
>and how do they like
>them

They cost me a shot on a 28" 4x3 this year while bow hunting in north dakota this fall. Had a perfect stalk going buck stood up to strech, I tried to range but it would not lock on tried again and it read 69 yards, took the shot and watched it sail harmlessly over his back. later after finding the bucks bed we walked it off and used a nikon range finder and both came up with 56 yards. needless to say i was not happy and leupold received there product back and I will be purchasing leicas very soon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom