leupold ultimate slam

bassinhunter

Can anyone simplify how to use the bullet drop compensator on my scope? I love the scope and I'm dead on balls accurate at 100 yards with 250 gain Barnes sabots and 100 grains pydrodex pellets but I've yet to shoot at the other hold spots on the retical. They are 150, 200, 250, 300 yards. I haven't shot or tried because I'm not understanding how to properly sight in at 100 to make the bdc work. Meaning how much powder do I use to allow my bdc to be on? Also what setting or power do I leave my scope on during all this and if I adjust my scopes power is the compensator still going to work. I'm lost on that part and I called leupold and they were no help. They just kept saying read the manual which is more confusing. Anyone able to help me out? Does anyone shoot the scope paired with a tc omega and 250 grain sabots? If so how accurate is the bdc?

Thanks,

Robert

I do not have one myself, but I have many Leupold's with similar B&C raticles.

Your bullets are the same or similar to the one's that the reticle is based on.

The different yardage marks ARE power dependant.

On the ring that adjusts the magnification, there should be some marks other than 3-9. Maybe 2 dots at 5x and say 3 dots at 9 power. With 100 grains of powder the scope has do be on the 2 dot magnification (5X?) to be "exact".

Remember that 100 yard zero is 100 yard zero either way.

Good luck.

>I do not have one myself,
>but I have many Leupold's
>with similar B&C raticles.
>
>Your bullets are the same or
>similar to the one's that
>the reticle is based on.
>
>
>The different yardage marks ARE power
>dependant.
>
>On the ring that adjusts the
>magnification, there should be some
>marks other than 3-9. Maybe
>2 dots at 5x and
>say 3 dots at 9
>power. With 100 grains of
>powder the scope has do
>be on the 2 dot
>magnification (5X?) to be "exact".
>
>
>Remember that 100 yard zero is
>100 yard zero either way.
>
>
>Good luck.

Thanks for your help so it looks like I screwed up I'm zeroed at 100 with the scope set at 9x but 3 pellets and I only used 2 to sight in. Looks like I'll have to tune it in some more. Hopefully I'm not too far off with the difference only being 50 grains of powder

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom