Leupold Wind River binocs question

M

manny15

Leupold Wind River binocs question

is the Leupold Wind River Binocs a generic brad that leupold is sell under their name..?..I don't see the gold ring on 'em nor are they very expensive........anybody know for sure.....

RE: Leupold Wind River binocs question

I have the leupold wind rivers and on them it says "imported by leupold".

Made over seas as kilowatt stated, but are tested up to Leup's specs. I've got a pair of them and for the money they are very good glass.

Mike
at235.gif

May be Japanese glass, but mine serve me real well. May not be swarovski, but decent binoc for the money.

Phantom Hunter

manny15,
Wind River binos aren't made by Leopold, they are only imported by leupold. It didn't make any sence to my either but its true.

I think my 10x42 Cascades are the best bino's you can buy for the money!! I also have a pair of wilderness 8x42 and there worth every dime i spent. So I'm a believer in glass for under 400$. I have a Leica spotting scope, but it stays home when im hunting, 1400 bones I dont want it leaving my sight. by the time hunting season rolls around, I know were i'm goin.

thanks guy's I'm still lookin at the stiener's...?.......

Manny, I've compared steiner big horns, nikon monarchs, and wind rivers (all about the same price) side by side. The steiners had real glare problems looking towards the sun @ sunrise/sunset compared to the winds and the monarchs--but they were the sturdiest construction.

IMO, the winds were a notch better (their best 10x40 model) than the monarchs--a little clearer around the edges. My monarch's diopter adjustment comes out of focus too easy so I have to send them back to the factory.

All 3 had about the same resolution/clarity in the middle of the picture.

Manny, My son and I got Wind Rivers for Christmas 2002. We love them. Crystal clear. I don't care if they're inported. Great optics for the $$$$. Get a pair, dude!! PC

>Manny, My son and I got
>Wind Rivers for Christmas 2002.
>We love them. Crystal clear.
>I don't care if they're
>inported. Great optics for the
>$$$$. Get a pair, dude!!
> PC

I'm looking at some for $210.00 NIB, I'm gonna realy look 'em over real good....

Leica and Swarovski also come from over seas. I just got a Swarovski ATS 80 spotting scope and love it. It is my first quality optic purchase. Now I am looking at Bino's. I've compared the new Wind River Pinnacles with the Ziess, Leica's and Swarovski's and I was very impressed with the Wind Rivers. My question is what will the quality be like ten years from now as compared to the expensive glass.

Fatrooster.

Swarovski's love 'em but I just can't see spending $800.00 to 1,200.00 for optic's, I'd rather buy steiners for $200.00 and spend the rest of the money on applying for outta state deer tags.....it just doesn't make sence when your on my kinda budget...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom