Life Time Licence?

quest

Very Active Member
Im in the process of thinking of buying a Life Time Licence. We might be moving to another state and would like to be able to keep putting in for bonus pionts. So whats your thoughts on this good or bad?

quest

Agreed...I've had one for years and it's paying off even as a resident. But now that non-residents have to purchase a license before putting in for the draw, it IS a no-brainer. 2 years of applying as a NR and you'll pay for the LT license.

In case you didn't know, you will have to pay the NR tag fees and be subject to any NR limitations once you start applying from another state even though you have the AZ lifetime license.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 08:38AM (MST)[p]I bought one just for the reasons you stated. I think it is great.

Unless the rules have been changed you pay NR fees but are not subject to the NR draw caps. You are treated as a resident.

From page 14 of the regs

If a lifetime license holder changes residency
status from Arizona, the licensee must then purchase
non-resident stamps, tags, and permits.
A non-resident tag or stamp can accompany
your lifetime resident license. If you are a
lifetime license holder who has moved out of
state, the 10 percent non-resident cap does not
apply to you. The lifetime license will remain
legal for the taking of all wildlife as permitted
by law. Residency may be re-established after
moving back to Arizona and meeting the required
time period as defined below.

All the info listed is correct, but note there is a sliding scale for the license price depending on your age.

BENEFITS IF YOU BUY A LIFETIME LICENSE:
1) You do have to pay NR fee when you apply
2) You do not ever have to buy another hunting license.
3) You are NOT in the 10% NR cap pool
4) This is a smoking deal when you see that you would be buying a NR license at $151 a year if you applied year after year as a NR. So in just a few years, depending on your age, your lifetime license will quickly pay for itself.

Bottom Line:

IF you are going to continue to apply and want to hunt in AZ, this really is a no brainer..

Don Martin
AWO

I moved out of state for 4 years and was shortsighted enough to not buy my lifetime license before doing so. BIG mistake, I still regret it to this day. If you think you might ever want to hunt AZ again, get it. I made sure to get one before I left ID.

I purchased one for myself several years ago and then one for my son as a Christmas present last year. I cannot think of a better gift for your son or daughter if they love to hunt. I also don't get rejected for forgetting to but my new license number for spring draws, LOL

Best $$ I have ever given to AZGF. I like never having to worry about buying a license.. It is WELL worth the $ spent.

I also bought one in TX when I left in 2003 and moved here to AZ. Again, I am 100% happy I did so. It has LONG since paid for itself since I am not a TX resident any longer.

------------------
DRSS

Well it's a done deal. I went down today and got it. I feel very good about buying it. No more do I have to wait to buy my License.
My wife is on next for her Life Time License. I guess they'll send me plastic card in the mail, cant wait!

quest

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom