light weight tripod

G

GHOSTINTHEWOODS

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or recomendations on a light weight packable tripod for a spotting scope?????

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-07 AT 08:05AM (MST)[p]If money is not an issue then look at carbon fiber tripods by makers such as bogen and slik, etc... You could likely get one that will extend 60 some inches that will fit in your pack be light enough to carry. I prefer a ball-type head for use with a spotting scope. I have a Slik that is made of aluminum, the carbon would be better.

Check out K&K Outdoors tripods. They are very light weight. Mine weighs 47 onces with thier head. It's about 48 inches tall. I don't care for thier head so I changed mine to a Bogen pistol grip. Sportsmans Warehouse has them for $309 including the head. I spoke with Cody at K&K today and you can order the tripod without the head from them for $195. You can reach them at 541-884-0089
Wes

If you need any info. about K&K I can help plus if interested I will save you at least 10% off retail. Let me know?
Thanks!

locofife - That looks like an interesting product. Let us know how that works.

I've used a Walmart tripod, a bogen, a nikon, and a noname and they all worked fine but I've never been as happy with a tripod as I am with my outdoorsmans tripod. It folds down to 11" and folds out to about 2 foot which is perfect if you do your spotting while sitting on the ground. Outdoorsmans also makes two other sizes and they are made out of carbon. Extremely light weight. The downside is that they are extremely expensive. Goodluck, fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom