Lights and license plates on trailers

B

bucklover

Here's one for all you hunters/fishermen/campers. I know Utah doesn't require lights or plates on small trailers. Just reflectors. However, when and if you cross the Wyoming border you may very well be paying a fine for not having them. I have several friends that have and are serving on Sheriff's Dept. etc. and they do ticket those they catch.

Not sure where you are getting that information on Utah trailers . Lights are required , and registration and plates are required if the trailer is a tandem axle or over 750 pounds .

For the life of me I can't imagine why anybody would pull a trailer with out lights , besides the lazy part . In my mind that is a accident waiting to happen .

+1 foundation.

Ya gotta have lights on any thing ya tow...

I have seen a few 'duck boats' with no taillights now and then.

Robb

Sorry guys, They must have changed the law on lights. It's been a few years, so I'll withdraw that part. But you do need plates when crossing the border. I've had discussions with my friends that work in law enforcement about how I felt it was unfair. If a person is legal in one state, he shouldn't get a ticket. Makes me wonder how many other laws are broken just because you drive a few more miles down the road.

That should be a officers discretion to make that call . Like I said before about Utah and having larger trailers required to be registered . Some of these real small trailers like a two place snowmobile or jet ski trailer isn't required to have plates in Utah . I think its a good idea to have them all registered since it gives a owner a slight chance of recovering them if they are stolen .

I agree that what is legal in one state should be honored by other states .

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom