Lightweight 1-person tent under $150?

hubba_3

So I'm looking for a new 1 person tent that is under 3lbs. I know there are plenty of 1 person tents that are under 3lbs, but most of them are over $300 and since I'm a poor college student, i can't afford that right now. So i'm looking to keep it under $150...

Anyone have a tent that they have/are using and have had success with?
I've been thinking about the Eureka Spitfire tent, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought first...
thanks

The REI Quarter Dome T1 is a nice 3 season tent, and they are on sale right now for $169 instead of 225. Weight is 2# 14oz. and they are a pretty roomy floor space for one person.

i have the eureka solitaire 1 man. its 2 lbs 9oz. its very compact and light for backpacking. their website has it for 89.99 i have had mine now for 5 years and use it every year. its been a good tent and is very easy and quick to set up. although it is a little small and cramped, i am ready to move up to a two man so i can store a little more gear with me inside. it would be a great tent for you to start with.

"Shoot Straight"

hubba, i just used the Eureka Spitfire for the first time last weekend. Loved it. I wasn't in the roughest of conditions, but i plan to use it this year. Great tent for the money.

Does it have to be new ?........for under $150 you can get a slightly used tent on ebay, not all of them are worn out, sometimes they are like new condition at a fraction of the new price.

I just bought a Eureka Apex Solo. It's not an expedition grade tent, but it is a light weight three season that will take care of most of my needs.

Its 4 lbs. 3 oz, so a tad heavier than you spec'd, but I was using a Eureka Solitaire and it was just too low and uncomfortable (you couldn't even sit in it in bad weather to eat or sit up dressing or riding out rain...)

At least now I can also keep my pack bow/rifle under the vestible to keep it out of weather too.

The price on this tent is in your range at $120.

Good luck, Wild Bob

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom