Limbdriver rest?

blazingsaddle

Any one use one? I am contemplating switching from my trophy taker drop away. I love the TT but it freezes on me in really cold weather if it gets wet.
The reviews I have read- have nothing but good to say about them. They seen to be huge with the people at Archery talk too.
Any input?-Good, bad or ugly?
thanks

The other rest I thought of is the QAD pro? Any other thoughts?

Go for it. I use them on all of my bows. They are easy to tune and aren't very sensitive to the tension on the cord compared to the other drop away rests. They also have plenty of things to help keep your arrow on the shelf but I hunt mainly spot and stock and last year alone I killed 5 critters and never worried about my arrow.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

HAve it on my alphamax and love it. I cut the stock plastic off the prong and covered it in felt along with my shelf. Absolutely no noise. Very easy to setup alos as you do not need a press to tie into your cable.

I have a couple of them and have found them to be the easiest to set up and tune. They are pretty much bullet proof, too. I do prefer the split limb version over the solid limb though, as it has a metal limb attachment versus the plastic. I don't like having plastic on my hunting bow!

Love it! Super easy to set up and the spring steel launcher makes it very accurate and forgiving. The cord is not an issue.

I had the same concerns. Like I said, not an issue. The cord is tough material and it's not going to break. Besides, the string and cables are right there too. If you happen to damage that cord, you are going to have much bigger problems anyway. I've hunted mine through gnarly brush and never had to think twice about it.

Trophy Taker is coming out with a new rest that acts like the limb driver. It should be out mid to late March. I am going to wait for it and try it.

I know the new Trophy Takers are not out yet. I called them yesterday and they told me when they would be out. You might be thinking of the Rip Cord Code Red. If thats the case then it is in store now. Pretty nice rest, I just don't like plastice components.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom