Lion Mount Pictures Please

sagefrog

I am trying to decide on a pose for a lifesize mountain lion, and would like to see some different examples you guys have on your walls. I have seen tons of cat mounts, both good and bad, but can't decide what to have done. I have also looked through all the taxidermy supply forms, but I find its better to see finished products. I would greatly appreciate it if you could post up some pictures for general ideas. I am leaning towards a walking/stalking pose with closed mouth.

Thanks

This isn't MY lion, but it's a dandy mount. It was done by Chris Kreuger of Kreuger Creations in Phoenix. He's doing a scimitar oryx and two TX whitetail bucks for me.

100_2772redo.jpg

100_2775.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

That is a great mount!! I really like how the mouth is just slightly open. I hate the big open snarled cats, but that one is just enough to add a little extra character. Thanks for sharing.

Phil does amazing work but I was less than impressed when talking to him on the phone. I first saw his work at SCI and gave him a call when I got home. First words out of his mouth were he was a minimum of 18 months behind and that most likely I could not afford him yet he has no idea who I am or whether or not I have any money. Maybe it was just a bad day but needless to say I won't be calling him ever again.

Hey i just recently returned from cody wyoming and spent a few days working with Aaron Connelly a world champion sculptor. He has a few lion mannakins out that he has sculpted and the are amazing. He has unbelievable knowledge of animal anatomy. you can buy them through matuska taxidermy supply. check em out!

Here are my two Mtn. Lions.
Both were mounted by Dean Schulte-High Uintas Taxidermy-Coalville,Ut. I'm a taxidermy nut and absolutely love lifesize
lions when done right.
58dsc_0004_5.jpg

7414dsc_0002_4.jpg

6298dsc_0002_3-2.jpg

3331dsc_0004_4.jpg

These are mounts I did for clients.
Studio shot:
3860cougarmount-002-mine-a1.jpg

Outdoor shot:
3486cougarmount-001-mine-a.jpg

Puma from Argentina:
7187bellucci-077-puma-a.jpg

Face close-up:
2517bellucci-079-puma-a.jpg

Good luck to you!
John.

Make sure the taxidermist you take it to does good work. Cougars and all cats are hard to get to look right, and there are many out there that think they look good, but look at real photos and make sure their work looks like it is alive. Big cat taxidermy out of Craig, Colorado does some great work. If your in Utah pm me and I can give you some names of some guys that do great work also

Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom