Lion Permit CC hit

Smokepole

I just checked my CC and I have a $58 charge pending. Looks like I'll be chasen cats real soon. Come on snow.

Smokepole

Well if you drew out smokepole congratulations! I haven't put in for the lion draw for eight years now, but I draw a over the counter Harvest Objective tag every year......

lol,
ike

Nice job SmokePole!! They wacked my card too!!!! Ha Ha i drew an awesome unit with only two points. Let the snow fly.....

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-08 AT 09:14AM (MST)[p]I still have my harvest objective tag from last year and have enjoyed not punching it out for nearly twelve months. We only have one true limited-entry unit in the region I live and truthfully it kinda sucks these days, and with half a dozen harvest objective units to hunt I often wonder why both putting in for a draw tag. I loaded six hounds yesterday and took them out to play with the big cats, and this is how it went.......

I've had all eight of my hounds out roading five or six days a week over the past few weeks, since the elk and deer hunters have been in the woods. My two eleven year old hounds are starting to get a little spring in their step, and I hope to run them maybe next week, but those two stayed home today.

I did put those two older red dogs on the rig platform this morning and my two, two year old hounds hoping to teach them something. And just like clockwork, those two redbones went off shortly after daylight while driving up a canyon. I guess the rig was on the wind or I just didn't stop in the right place cause the dogs wouldn't go out, so I drove on up the canyon and those knot-heads opened for another mile or two before they would shut up.

I figured I had missed the track and drove back down my back-trail to try and get those dogs down a track and it worked. With the morning thermals at our backs they rigged true or I didn't drive over the track this time ha.......I sent Ike and Choco out first with those two year old just behind them and they came back across the road with a lion track, then sent my two four year old hounds along for the exercise.

Then I found out why those two red dogs had chopped their way up the canyon on the rig, cause they trailed up the canyon that far before the track turned out over the top.

But like in the dreams, I only saw visions of tom lions in the tree cause I drove around and pulled them off the track around 4:00 PM this afternoon--my wife had told me to not miss Halloween. Those six hounds did get about six or seven hours of trail time though, and like always, I was just happy to get them back and home before dark....

Running hounds isn't about treeing, killing or bragging over a trophy lion but enjoying those hounds and watching them work. If a guy missed that part he missed what is special about lion hunting................

Keep'em treed,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom