Lions in unit 8 ?

Zoomer

All the talk about the lions have got me to thinking
that I should pick up a tag to go along with my unit 8
deer tag in Oct.
Anybody out there ever hunt any lions in this unit?

I would guess the canyons in the wilderness area would be
a good place to start but I have never hunted a cat.

Any tips or how to's for a newbie ?

Is it sorta like hunting Deer? :D

Considering their low cost, a lion tag should be a Dec 25 stocking stuffer purchase by all for the next year.

Lion meat is really good eating.

If you see a lion, it will likely be incidental while glassing for deer on the canyon or mountain slopes, or while sitting a water hole. Be watchful also if you see a fresh kill buried under some forest litter.

CopyofSedona1-2509034.jpg

There are lion every where, and unit 8 is no exception. I have heard a few different people say that they have seen some this week while elk hunting. I have seen their tracks around some tanks in there. Like Doug said we should all have a tag just in case...

JOhn

Yep, I'm in unit 8 right now, sitting in a blind as I write waiting for a big 'ol gnarly bull to come take a mud bath! Yesterday I was lucky enough to see not one, but two lions !!!! Even knocked an arrow on one but he wouldn't come closer than 80 yards. Pretty cool! Okay...shhhhhh back to hunting! (lol isn't this Internet stuff great) hahaha

Ilene:

I hope you get your big bull, but don't pass on the opportunity to take a lion..

Good luck!

Don Martin
AWO

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom