Little help getting back stolen trophy???

cavemn5050

I'm not one to ask for help... yet here I am. I'm a former Utah resident who took a job in Italy (poor me). While here I had an opportunity to hunt medal class fallow bucks.....a dream animal of mine. So I saved and saved until I could afford the hunt and I took my 11 year old son with me.

We were lucky enough to harvest a beautiful buck. It's a very special trophy to my son and I.

To make a long story short....the outfitter is keeping my trophy as ransom due to a colleague who I referred who has yet to settle his bill in full. My colleague is contesting some charges the outfitter is charging (two wounded does) because 1) while he shot at them there was no evidence of a hit, 2) the guides who are saying he hit them were not with him, and 3) one of the guides only spent 10 minutes looking before giving up on the search. My colleague spent 3 hours and did not find any evidence of a wounded animal.
My bill is paid in full. But because I referred him, the guide is keeping my trophy as ransom. The remaining bill of 450 Euros, roughly $490. I've attached a few screenshots of the messages with the owner so you can see his threats to me.
On a single family income and with my wife and 4 children, this hunt took me a good amount of time to save up for. I don't have extra money laying around to pay someone else's bill so that I can get back what is rightfully mine.
I've set up a GoFundMe account if any of you would be so kind as to donate a few dollars to help me get out of this mess. I truly appreciate this.

By the way.... the outfitter has deleted his IG account. The place was called Tenuta di Frosini?. he advertises the biggest fallow bucks in all of Italy. His name is Joe (Attilio) Marra.

My go fund me account is
gf.me/u/w5qi4r

Sorry, sometimes people can do things that aren't right. 490.00 isn't a fortune. No way would I send money for that. Cowboy up and work a little extra job.

$490 might not be a fortune to you, but it's quite a bit to some people. Thanks anyways. This is a last ditch effort anyways.

?Go fund me? posts have always bugged me, especially ones like this where it's not a life or death issue. We all could use a little more money, especially when it comes to hobbies. Campaigning to have people pay for a personal ?want? instead of a ?need?, really isn't something a person should be doing. If money is that tight, maybe you shouldn't be spending that money on selfish wants, and should be spending it on other ways to better your family.

If it means that much to you, maybe start selling some personal items instead of asking others for their money. It's always interesting to see people setting up go fund me accounts for medical expenses, then see them posting all their fancy toys like, trucks, ATVs, rifles, optics, out of state hunts and camo, the next day. Priorities. They always need to be re evaluated and adjusted according to your situation.

@screaminseagull

>?Go fund me? posts have always
>bugged me, especially ones like
>this where it's not a
>life or death issue. We
>all could use a little
>more money, especially when it
>comes to hobbies. Campaigning to
>have people pay for a
>personal ?want? instead of a
>?need?, really isn't something a
>person should be doing. If
>money is that tight, maybe
>you shouldn't be spending that
>money on selfish wants, and
>should be spending it on
>other ways to better your
>family.
>
>If it means that much to
>you, maybe start selling some
>personal items instead of asking
>others for their money. It's
>always interesting to see people
>setting up go fund me
>accounts for medical expenses, then
>see them posting all their
>fancy toys like, trucks, ATVs,
>rifles, optics, out of state
>hunts and camo, the next
>day. Priorities. They always need
>to be re evaluated and
>adjusted according to your situation.
>
>
>@screaminseagull

If you never ask the answer is always no.

https://deerstandnews.com/blogs/bow...-my-trophy-the-outfitter-is-keeping-as-ransom

there is a link to another post he made that has the photos in it.

1. I don't agree with the outfitter with holding onto your trophy... but its 500 dollars... pick up an extra shift at work or sell something if this animal is that important to you.

2. I would quit hunting with your buddy that your brought since he doesn't care about the commotion he caused nor does he care about you getting your animal back.

3. Your talking about what your lawyer.... which obviously you will have had to put up money for retainer... so there it shows you have the money to pay to get your trophy back. Plus going to court is going to cost you a lot more than the 500.

4. ITS 500 DOLLARS NOT 50000. Suck it up and think of the 500 as a lesson learned.

I am going to start a trophy hunting GoFundMe account so I can get a Utah Governors deer tag. It is in-fair that I was unsuccessful in the short 9 day season on a 30 inch buck and feel 3 months would be better for me. I am in between jobs so am technically jobless with babies to feed. I will donate to yours if you donate to mine. Thanks

So what is the rest of the story? I feel like there has to be more.

What you described sounds a lot like theft, even in Italy. Call the police.

I'm sorry you are deal with this.

But.. Go Fund me is for people that are encountering or encountered a tragedy. Please don't do this for a deer mount. It pisses off me and everyone else.

Cowboy up and get a second job or sell some Shiite! I'm a giving person but not for something like this sorry

He is already cheating you. Who is to say if you send him the $490 he doesn't still keep your mount? What about shipping? It must cost near that to ship it. I agree with what has been said here. If $490 is that big of a deal to you then you should have put the money in your emergency fund and never gone hunting. Hopefully you took great pictures. He can never steal the memories of your hunt.

Any chance this is another "Xaka" character or whatever his name was?

Looks like sucker fishing to me.

I really don't want to work anymore, can you pm me instructions on how to set up a gofundme account? TIA

#livelikezac

I've heard of worse things happening in Italy. Probably not the last time you have a situation there that doesn't seem right or ethical. I would hate the situation your in, and I'm sorry for the frustration. Just decide if its worth the extortion fees. That's business in corrupt country. Secret combinations are real there and the only reason its still a 3rd world country. Other than that, its hard to believe you are hard pressed for funds if you are an ex pat who can find the means for a guided hunt.

>Where's homer? Bet he'll donate. mtmuley
>

He is the giving kind and it is the giving season?

#livelikezac

The fact that I kept my mouth shut is a gift in it'self.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>The fact that I kept my
>mouth shut is a gift
>in it'self.....
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Lmao! True story!

#livelikezac

>The fact that I kept my
>mouth shut is a gift
>in it'self.....
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I Think that's what Founder was Thinking!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>>The fact that I kept my
>>mouth shut is a gift
>>in it'self.....
>>
>>
>>
>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>
>
> I Think that's what Founder
>was thinking.

That's what we ALL were thinking.

Zeke

#livelikezac

I'm guessing this post is just a joke but if not, I find it really offensive and a slap in the face to those that are really struggling to get by.

Dude has disappeared.

My guess is this is a guy that is also a prince in Nigeria looking to give away his fortune if you just send him your bank account number and social security number.

I'm jaded. Sorry.

>I've heard of worse things happening
>in Italy. Probably not
>the last time you have
>a situation there that doesn't
>seem right or ethical.
>I would hate the situation
>your in, and I'm sorry
>for the frustration. Just
>decide if its worth the
>extortion fees. That's business
>in corrupt country. Secret combinations
>are real there and the
>only reason its still a
>3rd world country. Other than
>that, its hard to believe
>you are hard pressed for
>funds if you are an
>ex pat who can find
>the means for a guided
>hunt.

You my friend are an idiot.

Italy a third world country? You must be kidding. You have obviously never been there.

GoFundMe charges a fee so if cavemn5050 will PM me his full name, his bank account number, his SS number and date of birth, and current address, I'd consider making a small donation.

>You are not my friend.
>You are a tourist.

Okay we are not friends, you are just an idiot!

Your reply makes no sense and you prove my point again.

Heartshot, if you ever get to Eureka, CA. Look Eel up and have dinner out with him. He will crack you up and he has both feet planted solid on mother earth. Great guy!

P.S. Ask him about his fishing stories.

RELH

DBG3285,

A smart mouth with insults doesn't make you smart. Neither does your tourist ride through Rome. A high IQ person doesn't look at a sparkling vacation and think they are cultured. Don't let your know-it-all arrogance displace your smarts. To your credit, 3 world country is a bit of a stretch as they aren't starving and they have jobs, but its hard to get ahead in that country. The infrastructure is shot - except in the high traffic tourist areas. Everything is falling apart and its not going to get better. Italy is run by the mafia and the masses suffer. It's a great place if you are giving them money. Try getting something done on your next trip there. Try doing business and making a buck. The story here is suspect, but I bit because it sounds like typical Italian transaction to me. Enjoy your brilliance in a bubble.

He posted of going to Spain for an Ibex hunt early this year. So he went for a Fallow Stag hunt and an Ibex hunt ? Story getting weird.

>He posted of going to Spain
>for an Ibex hunt early
>this year. So he went
>for a Fallow Stag hunt
>and an Ibex hunt ?
>Story getting weird.

How do you think he funds these hunts?

#livelikezac

>DBG3285,
>
>A smart mouth with insults doesn't
>make you smart. Neither does
>your tourist ride through Rome.
> A high IQ person
>doesn't look at a sparkling
>vacation and think they are
>cultured. Don't let your
>know-it-all arrogance displace your smarts.
> To your credit, 3
>world country is a bit
>of a stretch as they
>aren't starving and they have
>jobs, but its hard to
>get ahead in that country.
> The infrastructure is shot
>- except in the high
>traffic tourist areas. Everything
>is falling apart and its
>not going to get better.
> Italy is run by
>the mafia and the masses
>suffer. It's a great place
>if you are giving them
>money. Try getting something
>done on your next trip
>there. Try doing business
>and making a buck.
>The story here is suspect,
>but I bit because it
>sounds like typical Italian transaction
>to me. Enjoy your
>brilliance in a bubble.

This is a funny story you have made up in your head.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom