Little jelly

hornkiller

Long Time Member
Of this guy!
https://youtu.be/L_rNwlGnXYo
37205hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-18 AT 06:14AM (MST)[p]Probably ten years ago I ran into a guy that had won a municipal contract with some town in I think in Virginia to thin the herd. He was telling me all the weird restrictions they had on him but he was still getting the job done.

According to him they wanted everything killed with a silenced weapon and between the hours of like 12 and 4 a.m.. They basically wanted to imagine he didn't exist and the deer were just going away. He told me he was literally whacking deer out of yards. He had a picture of a giant buck dead in a trailer and said he had shot it eating fresh landscaped flowers in front of a house.

I asked why didn't they promote some kind of hunting to try and keep numbers down and he said that when people suggested that, the hunters were looked at as some kind of sick monsters they didn't want to see. Basically the people didn't have a problem with deer dying. They had a problem with the image of hunters around them. Kind of strange.

On a side note I know that New Orleans has paid a company for years to drive around the city at night with spotlights and silenced .22s and shoot nutria. I think they set traps also.

I grew up in Utah but now live in Suburban Washington DC and hunt Whitetails in the same neighborhoods this guy hunts, we even use the same butcher in the video. Not going to lie... its cool to be able to hunt deer 7 months a year (Sept1- March 31), take 3 bucks and basically unlimited does. But it sucks to hunt in the back yard of some guys McMansion while the neighbors are doing yard work or having a BBQ. I took my son on his first elk hunt this year in New Mexico. I asked my son... what do you think?? whats the biggest difference.. My son said, It so quite and peaceful, nobody is out with their John Deere lawnmower mowing the grass. So while you cant hunt deer 7 months a year in the Western states and kill everything in sight. You get a better overall experience when you do go out... just my opinion.

Well said bergy.
I'm guessing dealing with all the craziness would get old fast...at least for me it would.
There is something magic about hunting far enough away from everyone that you don't even see other hunters. I'm glad you could take your son on that kind of adventure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom