living in Idaho??????????

kickerbuck

Hey Guy's

My wife and I were thinking of moving to Idaho, We live in Oregon now and would like to relocate if we can. We are looking at the Kuna area, any info you would have for me would be awesome. We have 2 kids and are looking for a good place to raise them. Idaho seems like a cool State!

Thanks Dean.

Kuna has the small town feel to it. It's within 20 miles of Boise. I grew up in the country by Kuna. Good waterfowl hunting and fishing all around.

What do you do for a Job?

I would say that down south likely has better job opportunities, on average.

do you want to live in the country or near the city?

Lewiston has much nicer weather, far better fishing and big game hunting.

Idaho is really 3 states in one. South Idaho then Central, and then North. obviously the borders between the 3 areas are hard to define absolutly, but in my opinion, they are there.

Just depends on what you want to do. Only thing is if you are from the "west" side of Oregon, You can leave your "ideals" there and become an Idahon. Meaning don't come here and try to change it to something like where you came from..... (You see, that is kind of a Central/North ID comment)..

You can leave your "ideals" there and become an Idahoan is an all around Idaho comment, but Idaho is a great place to live no matter where you decide to relocate.Just dont bring any "ideals" that wont fit into our way of life like stated above and you should do fine wherever you end up.

+2 on both statements. as well i would really recomend you to check your wages doing what you do in oregon and what the wage is in idaho. it may change your mind in moving.

i moved here from eugene 15 years ago. I live in meridian, between boise and kuna. its all 1 big city pretty much anymore.

love it here, waaaay better than oregon.... except im still partial to the ducks and cant jump on the BSU bandwagon!

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com

Thanks guys, for the record I would love to live in a RED STATE, so as far as my ideals go I'm with you guys. It should show I'm on a hunting forum.

Idaho is a great place to live, hunt and raise a family. You may not get rich financially, but you will become rich from the opportunities this state offers.

We moved here in 04 with our 3 boys. We absolutely love it. We looked at Kuna, Emmett, Middleton and Star as we wanted to be close enough to town for work as I am a banker and my wife accountant, but be where we could have a little more space. I have a 45 min commute downtown daily which sucks but find it's worth it.

The great thing about the Treasure Valley is it has everything your family will need or want and you are close to everything you might want outdoors wise. Ducks, Geese, Chukars, Huns, Mule Deer, Elk, Antelope, Trout, Bass, Kokanee, Catfish, and predator hunting/fishing all within 30 minutes of downtown. within a few hours you can add Moose, Sheep, Goats, Whitetails, Salmon, and Steelhead. You are also very close to Skiing/Snowboarding and world class whitewater.

Clearly employment should help your decision making but things are slowly improving.

I am new to Idaho (6 years now). Its true the pay is not the same as Oregon for most jobs. But, everything here is WAAAYYYYYY cheaper! I took a job in management so I hit the jack pot so to speak in my move. I wish I could of had the house I have now back in Oregon when I sold and moved here, but I could never of afforded to have this house back there. Cracks me up when business partners come for visits, and clean out all the Grizzly and Copenhagen during their stay here. The next time you see some one walking outta Costco with 15 rolls of chew. Thats probaly me with a Boss....
I love it here. Theres some things I don't like, like all the mainstream Religion around me, but hey, I have the whole place to my self on Sunday.

> You can leave your "ideals"
>there and become an Idahoan
>is an all around Idaho
>comment, but Idaho is a
>great place to live no
>matter where you decide to
>relocate.Just dont bring any "ideals"
>that wont fit into our
>way of life like stated
>above and you should do
>fine wherever you end up.
>

Omg, really? What a bullsh!t statement. Just confirmed in my mind whats wrong with this state. Closed minds that are completely uncultured. Wow. So if i dont do what you say you gonna kick us out? Psh. Haha.

Dreamin. I was beginning to think I was the only one. Where I came from, the Religious diversity was very broad. Here, I have 5 churches, all the same brand within 5 miles of my house. Life is always about trade offs. Tit for tat. Atleast no one steals my antlers in the flower beds here like they did in Oregon. What I say about the Sunday deal is the truth. I have been out coyote hunting all day in a unit near me, and haven't seen a soul in over a month.

If you decide to move here you should definitely move to the Treasure Valley.The rest of Idaho sucks.The Treasure Valley is a good place for out of staters to move to.Theres plenty of people that dont belong in Idaho that have found it to be a great place to live that moved from somewhere that is nothing like Idaho to make it more like where they moved from.Eventually it will be just like where you tried to get away from.Oh wait, it already is! Treasure Valley is probably the place for you. Theres not alot of job prospects elsewhere throughout the state. You should really think about the Treasure Valley.

Well after 12 years my wife, daughter, and I are heading south back to Arizona. Must cityfy :( which we are not looking forward to but must do for our industries. Pay really sucks for us these days and do to unfortunate events have had to make some life style changes and are down to living paycheck to paycheck and not making it anywhere. To buy here would be great but if you must rent it is very painful. Have lived a few places around Idaho following the work and it is all great hunting, fishing, and scenary and will very much be missed by us. Definitely do good research before moving and wish you guys the best.

> If you decide to move
>here you should definitely move
>to the Treasure Valley.The rest
>of Idaho sucks.The Treasure Valley
>is a good place for
>out of staters to move
>to.Theres plenty of people that
>dont belong in Idaho that
>have found it to be
>a great place to live
>that moved from somewhere that
>is nothing like Idaho to
>make it more like where
>they moved from.Eventually it will
>be just like where you
>tried to get away from.Oh
>wait, it already is! Treasure
>Valley is probably the place
>for you. Theres not alot
>of job prospects elsewhere throughout
>the state. You should really
>think about the Treasure Valley.
>
Hey Zues,

Don't worry we won't bother you!

I was always horible with time management, but when I was wanting to sell somebody on the treasure valley I would tell them that Everything they could ever want was with in 1 hour. But in reality the things that you probably want will be more like 4 hours away. I'm sure I'll catch some crap, but its true.

Yes there is fishing right in town and all the way to Caldwell, but it can be crowded and the water gets nasty down river from Star.
Yes there are some great bass fishing ponds around the valley, but most the good ones are secret or private, or in somebodies subdivision.
Yes there are lots of ducks along the river, but there are quite a few houses around so when there is a good place to hunt there are usually other people there.
Yes you can deer, elk and bear hunt in the foot hills but its more like a race to see who can get there first and then fight over who actually shot what ever it is. I remember having over 20 rigs infront of me along the arrow rock road 2 hours before day light. Then hiking for hours just to see 8 other guys coming up behind us. I'm pretty sure the states biggest buck and bear live within city limits.
Yes there are tons of phesants, but most are all on private land and those land owners get asked for permission more and more every year...but you can always go to the wild life management areas and chase birds all day. They may never fly, but they are there.
Yes you can go skiing/snowboarding within an hour, but you better like ICE. When Bogus has fresh powder get up there and love it, but once its iced up plan on driving a few hours to get good snow.
You actually can go catch a stergon and not be crouded and have a ton of fun. You can also have a lot of fun riding MT bikes, just watch out for the dirt nuts who give you crap for leaving tire marks. There is also a lot of places to ride a dirt bike. If your willing to drive 3-5 hours you will absolutly love Idaho and the tresure valley.
Sorry that drug on way to long... GO BSU!

First thing I'd do is make sure that you're not moving next door to this Zeuss clown! Can you imagine having this guy for a neighbor!?

You dont need to worry about finding somewhere to live next to me there is nothing available for miles around, and for good reason. I grew up in the Treasure Valley and left there 20 years ago when people liked what Idaho and that area had to offer. Now everyone has what they moved away from and its only getting worse, but thats just my opinion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom