Locker & Taxidermist advice needed

SDBugler

Very Active Member
I’m posting this in both the AZ and NM forums to since it applies to both.

I’m looking for some suggestions for lockers & taxidermists in the Alpine, Eagar/Springerville, Reserve, Socorro area.

One of my sons and I have elk hunts that are pretty close together. I have an AZ archery elk tag in unit 27 September 15-28 and then a week later my son has a NM rifle tag just across the border in unit 16B October 7-11.

Because the drive from SD is a pretty long haul for us, we plan to spend the week between hunts doing some scouting for his hunt (even though I have hunted 16B twice in the past).

Normally we butcher and process our game ourselves but since we will potentially be spending two additional weeks before heading home, I will probably need to have my elk processed at a locker if I’m lucky enough to harvest. Then pick it up after his hunt before we head home. I would also need to get the cape to a taxidermist to care for it.

Do any of you local AZ and NM residents have any suggestions for good lockers and/or taxidermists?

You can post here or PM me if you are more comfortable.

Our other option would be to drop off a small chest freezer at my sisters-in-law’s in Colorado Springs and process my elk there between hunts and return to NM. I have done this before several years ago when I had back-to-back ibex/mountain goat/elk tags.

Thanks!

Call JR at 928-369-6023. He is a Taxidermist and maybe able to assist you further. Just got off the phone with him.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom