Lodging for Antelope 47

I just googled the Ranch you mentioned and it looks like a really neat, comfortable place if you could get one of the two person rooms in the bed & breakfast house for $70 a night. It looks like all they have are those two $70 rooms in the house and if you go the lodge route it would cost some big money.

Have hunted 47 both from Casper and from Medicine Bow (Virginian). Both are a decent pull if you are hunting the main BLM core that is about halfway between the two. Nice campground at base of Shirley Mts that will put you in the center of things.

Flying in and hunting with old people is why camping isn't on the table right now. Possibly after more discussion, we could change our minds, but seems like it would add a major logistical consideration to camp. Main concern about the Virginian is the train that supposedly is very disruptive through the night, as well as mixed reviews on cleanliness - would be interested in hearing others' thoughts on it.

Can I assume if you fly in you're going to rent a vehicle in Casper? That means a lot of driving to and from the hunt area every day wherever you decide to stay and that is time spent doing that, rather than hunting. I guess whatever you work out and suits you will be what you do. For me the trip on the road with places to see and having my own camp setup with the ability to move it if I want to is a big part of the experience. I also like to take from 3 to 6 rifles along on a trip and there is no way I would attempt that flying.

Any good ideas? Anybody have experience with Red Butte Ranch, west of Casper?

Unit 47 is NOT west of Casper, it is down south of Casper.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Ruth will take care of you at the ranch. She's right off highway 220 and her place is beautiful. The ranch is about 10 minutes from 487 and approximately 40 minutes from unit 47. Don't forget to pack a fly rod as she has great trout fishing right out the back door. Give her a call she's friendly and will make you feel right at home.

Booked 2 rooms with Ruth at the Red Butte Lodge. I feel encouraged after talking to her.

We haven't finalized plans yet (I guess nobody has, since the app period is still open) but will likely fly into Denver and rent vehicle there. Unless flying to Casper costs less than I think it does. Driving from home is not an option as it is 2,000 miles away.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom