Lodging in Magdalena or Datil.

Engy

I am coming down for a scouting trip in unit 17 and was wondering if any body could give any ideas on places to stay in either of these towns? I would like to stay on the western side of the unit. Also any places to eat in these towns that you could recommend would be appreciated? Thanks for the help.

High Country Motel/Lodge in Magdalena is a good spot. Very reasonable, with great people.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

>High Country Motel/Lodge in Magdalena is
>a good spot. Very
>reasonable, with great people.
>
>
>"Hunt when you can - You're
>gonna' run out of health
>before you run out of
>money!"

Thanks BigFin,

Doe's the High Country have a restaurant there also? If not any suggestions.

How about anything in Datil? I don't know which one would be closer for us? We will be heading in road # 52 ( not sure if it has a name ).
I had read somewhere that there is a guy in Datil that rents cabins. I think his name was Gus maybe. Anybody have any info on these and if there is anywhere to eat in Datil?

Thanks again BigFin

The High Country Lodge doesn't have a restaurant, but there are 3 on Hwy 60 running through Magdalena. The Eagle's Nest in Datil has fuel, a C-Store, and a restaurant.

nmhunt4food trekking the desert

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom