Lone Survivor

larrbo

Very Active Member
I read the book a few years back and couldn't put it down until I was finished. Today I went to see the movie and it was well done, you will walk away with a ton of respect and thankfulness for our troops. If you are thinking about seeing the movie...do it. God Bless our Troops.

+1

Read the book last year. Saw the movie yesterday and couldn't agree with you more. Some of it was hard to watch. Many people were moved to tears. I would recommend people read the book then see the movie. I thought it was cool that the real Marcus Luttrell had cameo appearances. I don't care for Mark Wahlberg and didn't think he fit the role but I got over it. The other three main characters were awesome.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

I am going tomorrow to see the movie as I have been waiting for the release of it. About a month ago I read either in the paper or a magazine that Marcus Luttrell met Mark Walhberg before the movie started to film and asked him a few questions. Marcus told Mark that he was going to train Mark like the Navy taught him and not some training that he had done before or something to that effect. After a month or so of training, Marcus gave Mark and the film company an OK to start making the movie as he wanted it to look real and not "Hollywood style".

Not sure but I think Marcus picked Mark to play his part in movie.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Yes nicely done shown with class. It a movie to see for sure.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Awesome movie! I was impressed at the end when not a single person got up early and not a word was spoken.
Did you hear about the 71 year old man in Tampa who shot the kid that was texting during the movie? Guess he wasn't impressed.
I bought the book Sunday and am about half way through,

Hell yea !! God Bless America and our Troops.

I saw on the news and I have been reading things that liberals have been saying about this movie...wtf is wrong with some people in this country ? If it's not about young kids being turned gay liberals hate it....

Example...
Lib Rag "The Atlantic" Calls Movie Lone Survivor ?Propaganda,? Outraged Taliban Portrayed As ?Villains??

>Did you hear about the 71
>year old man in Tampa
>who shot the kid that
>was texting during the movie?
> Guess he wasn't impressed.
>

Let that be a lesson to the young disrespectful techno-turds! Old guys rule! TIC

Some lessons are harder to learn than others, I suppose.

Great book! I hope the movie is done well since the troops deserve all the respect in the world!!!
I'll see it soon.
Zeke

One of the stories I heard when the movie studio was pitching the idea to make the movie, marcus and his agent were in a meeting with studio execs and marcus stood up and looked at all of these suits and said "If you do anything with this movie that dishonors my friends I will personally kill each and every one of you."

Watched it today at matinee time. A bunch of other vets in there at that time. Not a dry eye on the walk out...

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
square-large-sec.gif

I would also recommend reading the book first. You will know whats going through his head while you watch. Was very impressed with how well the movie followed the book to a "T". Really the only difference was the time crunch.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
square-large-sec.gif

Thanks Guys!!

Because of your recommendations, i bought the Book on-line and just finished it couple nights ago. Great read!!

Now i guess i'll wait to see the movie on tv as there is no theater within 30 miles or one that has several screens within 70.

Always looking for good reads!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom