Long Draw length

Bullstodie

So I haven't upgraded my bow since I was 14 years old, and its getting pretty worn out after 11 years of use. I am nowhere near an archery shop, and before I start shopping around I though maybe i'd ask you guys a few questions. I remember it being hard to find a draw length to fit me... I have a 31 or 32 inch. draw length, and most bows will stretch to 30. If i'm going to pay top dollar for a bow, i want it to fit correctly. So my question is, do any of you know any bows that come in stock a larger draw length. Is there any other guys on here that long armed like myself who has had this issue? getting a loop on the string accounts for less than a 1/2 in is what i've heard. is there any other options i might have when trying to find a bow to fit? or am I going to have to special order cams or in a worst case, different limbs? any input would help thanks.
"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

I will admit I am partial to Mathews, I have owned several Hoyts, Bowtechs, and even a PSE. The best bow I have ever shot is the Drenalin LD, it goes to a 31 and I put a loop for an extra 1/2 (or so). I also just recently bought an Ovation very cheap used which is no speed demon but is very smooth. I really have not shot any other bows since I bought my Drenalin 3 years ago, so some of the newer bows out there may be nicer and I wouldnt know, not planning on another any time soon. When you are ready to buy try the classified section at archerytalk.com, can get some smokin deals on there.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-11 AT 04:51PM (MST)[p]I guess i should have read a couple of the previous post... just now realized that someone else had this some problem recently.... sorry for the double post...

>I will admit I am partial
>to Mathews, I have owned
>several Hoyts, Bowtechs, and even
>a PSE. The best bow...

Thanks for your input Griz, I have been leaning toward Mathews, but was looking at the 2011 Bowtech and it looks pretty sweet, and I found it interesting that it has a 80lb pull. But, its draw is only 30,.. so im going to go look into the new Mathews right now... and i will check out that site. thanks again.
Bullstodie ~ Aaron

"Like a midget at the urinal, always be on your toes!"
www.Anacondatreasure.com
www.rwmurals.com
http://www.themontanagallery.com/

The Destroyer 340 goes out to 31" draw but is only a 32" axle to axle, shorter than I am comfortable shooting. I like the longer bows, they are more forgiving and more stable and I am more accurate with them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom