Long Drive Contest.

Trix4me

Very Active Member
I ran into two guys from Houston,Tx this afternoon.They were refueling at the Summit C-Store (Soldier Summit) They had driven 1500+/- miles to hunt elk and still had 150 to go. Who can beat that. What is the longest drive, one way, to hunt Elk, deer, sheep or whatever this year?

From Southern Utah to Florida to hunt hogs! 3000 miles more or less, it was almost ten years ago!

dillon

Before I moved to NV, we once drove 1,730 miles or 28 hours straight from West Virginia to Vernal, Utah, on my first Western hunt. The drive out is easy when your fueled with anticipation and excitement. The drive back is grueling.

A year ago 3 friends and I drove from Spanish Fork, UT to Thompson Manitoba, flew to Churchhill, then flew to just below the Arctic Circle to hunt Caribou. Awesome hunt!! I think the driving portion of the trip was over 3,600 round trip. All good on the way, cause we were going hunting and nothing was going to get in the way of that, but the ride home SUCKED!!!

Also made the drive to Alaska. It was mainly for work, but we did fit in our fair share of hunting and fishing. Does that count? I believe thats over 3,000 miles one way.

My trip this year is

Olympia, Wa to Richfield, UT ( elk hunt )
Richfield, UT to Winnett, MT ( mule deer )
Wennett, MT to Olympia, WA

2,659 miles

Maybe I lose.

From my house to the tent is 1 1/2 hours....to the spot where the deer has been bedding.....another 40 minutes of climbing.

On second thought....maybe that's a win.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Several years ago - Houston, TX to Alpine, Wyoming Region "G".

This year, Houston, TX to Colorado GMU #1, for an elk hunt.

North Carolina to eastern Montana last year for a deer and antelope hunt.4,988 total miles round trip. 1st day drove 17 hrs by myself as my partner had a suspended drivers license popped on him and that was a bummer.Will probably do again as flying costs has gotten so ridcoulous.

This Year I am driving from Camp Lejeune North Carolina back home to Ferron Utah with my wife to hunt General season elk and Muleys. One way is 2243 miles. We are planning on bring more household items and the meat back with us. Might I add she is pregnant with our first too!!! Needless to say it is a long trip and I have an awesome wife who also loves to hunt!

Hunting is my way of life
Sgt. Petersen
USMC OIF OEF Vet.

Okay, the plans for this year. No B.S., Drive from Pa to RockSprings Wy to help out my cousin who drew unit 100 Elk, on the way back home stop in Wright Wy to hunt Antelope a few days, Round trip of 4050 Miles. Then drive back out to Colorado to hunt elk and mule deer with my father inlaw and a friend round trip of 3892 miles. It gets better, then in Febuary drive to New Mexico to help my father on his Orxy hunt on the white sands missle base, 3992 miles round trip. THAT IS A TOTAL of 11,934 hunting trip miles. Just picked up a new 2010 FORD FX4 for the driving. I have done two trips in a year before but this is the first three bagger. So do I get the IRON MAN award or the biggest idiot award. Total trip miles will be well over 11,934.

going from my home in so east nm to the kiabab in northern az then to kentucky to hunt whitetails! 3800 miles no days off in between hunts! all driving, plus 1800 back home!

I'll be going from West Jordan to Just outside Boise next month for the deer hunt up there. About 800 miles round trip. Spending the time with family so it will be all worth it.

Butte MT to Cen. Cal for Blacktail in 76'.Been to NM and back from SLO 5 times this year,loading for last time.Won't have to go far now that I have place there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom