Longtime Fan - 1st Post - Age/Score

mlmitch

I visited Antelope Island a couple of weeks ago and got some decent pics of this buck. It certainly isn't the size of some of the youtube/governor tags I've seen online but it's still the biggest Mule deer I've ever seen which isn't saying much.

I've hunted whitetails my entire life and am decent at scoring them. Mule Deer are another story and I don't have a clue as to this deer's age and score.

Hope to hear some feedback.

Thanks!
236A5210 MM.JPG

236A5215 MM.JPG

236A5298 MM.JPG

Right side is smaller than the left. Left side pretty dang good from what I can see. That left beam has good length IMO. Good inside spread too. He's over 180. Antelope Island dink.

He’s a dink for the island…..(5 years ago)….now, he’ll score $400,000 for the island care takers and 50k for mossy green back and the posse.

Great photos mlmitch... this buck and his buddies have been fun for me to watch this year... everyone's guesses above are good. One evening he meandered over to about 12 yards from me and my boys. It was too dark for good photos, unfortunately, but being that close to a great buck was sure exciting for us... thanks for sharing.!

No idea on age, but thats a 180+ inch buck. Certainly not a giant for its location, but man, that is still an awesome deer!

And mossback won’t be making any money on the Island tag this year, unless the state hunter is paying him. The auction tag was purchased specifically to keep it out of the outfitters hands and pocket books.

No idea on age, but thats a 180+ inch buck. Certainly not a giant for its location, but man, that is still an awesome deer!

And mossback won’t be making any money on the Island tag this year, unless the state hunter is paying him. The auction tag was purchased specifically to keep it out of the outfitters hands and pocket books.
You mean they aren't going to hunt mule deer with the tag????

No, they’ll hunt it, but it won’t be an outfitter (specifically the one mentioned above) guiding the hunter.

The tag was purchased at auction by a party that wanted it out of the outfitter’s game and then donated to Wounded Warriors for a vet to go kill a great buck.

So it wasn't purchased to specifically keep outfitters from being involved. It was purchased to be used on a hunt.

Cool.

Great Pics! It’s easily big enough Doyle would most likely swerve and not tattoo it with the front bumper of his Tundra if it so happens to be on the black top in an uncompromising situation. I can’t Wade to hear how the donated hunt goes for the wounded warrior, and hats of to M. Schulz for his generosity.

anywhere else he would be the talk of the town awesome buck. But on AI he is a backup buck for those big Dollar hunters

So it wasn't purchased to specifically keep outfitters from being involved. It was purchased to be used on a hunt.

Cool.

Nope, you’re not getting it. The person that purchased it did so SPECIFICALLY to keep an outfitter from obtaining it.

I’m not saying this person was right or wrong for doing what he did, I’m just telling you what he did.

Nope, you’re not getting it. The person that purchased it did so SPECIFICALLY to keep an outfitter from obtaining it.

I’m not saying this person was right or wrong for doing what he did, I’m just telling you what he did.
Actually you're not getting it. Five syllable words just may not be your deal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom