Lookin for a 55 buck??

Kayak_to_hunt

I have been running into a very solid buck while hunting elk in unit 55... Saw him for the 3rd time today. Not great at numbers but I bet he is 26" maybe 27" wide inside, very, very tall with quite a bit of trash sticking out on both sides.

I wish I could give a good spot and stalk on him but I deer hunt in a different area and dont know anyone with a tag. So if someone is looking for a buck in 55 pm me imo this guy is worth going after for a day or two.

Hi there i have a 55 third season tag give me a call we can talk 2094845431 thanks Kurt.

Buck is dead.. Guy got him last night.. If he sends me some pics I will post them up.. Said it ended up at 28" inside cheaters, same place, so it has to be the same buck.

I will give you a call before the 3rd season.. The good news is that there is another buck in this basin that is even bigger! That should be a fun hunt and since I usually hunt other area's I dont know the past years and how many bucks are around but we have been seeing plenty.. Most days I wish I was hunting deer and not elk.

Hey thanks yes i no there some big ones there. curious to want you been seeing give me a call anytime thanks an take care Kurt.

You guys better check your maps, you were in the wrong area. The experts on this site said all the bucks in 55 died last winter.

I've seen some pics and heard some stories....... all the big ones didn't die. There never was a 180" buck behind every tree even last year. I did see some of the winterkill last spring and it did look bad. What do I know ????? Would like to hear some reports on the area. Good luck to those with tags.

Just kidding about the experts, sounds like the winterkill was pretty bad. Hope there are a few left, I have a third season tag also. I would sure hate to eat it!

I am ?definitely? (NOT) an expert.
I (AM) ?definitely? an opinionated prick. Ask anyone who knows me.
Seeing the winter of 78-79 not important. Seeing hunting season fall of 79 very important.
Living through 83-84. Not important. Seeing the season of 84 very important.
Winter of 07-08 Not important how many deer you fed. Fall of 08 ??? here we go.
Living the best hunting years of my life 84 to 98 with OTC tags and post hunt counts of 7 bucks per 100 does? Important, it sucked but there were 220 class NT?s killed here even then.
Seeing what happened from 99 to 05 WOW?.. IMPORTANT!!!
2008? I turned down a deer job for 3rd?..I'm going to hunt elk for less pay. Ya I'm a wild life prostitute.
No one in my family applied for deer 08. We drew up the 2nd choice PLO tags so no poaching scum use them on public to shoot growers. We will eat them. Yes we are proud to increase the Point CREEP. Are there some GOOD deer left, yes, I have seen some this week. Are there some GREAT deer left? Probably but I haven't found one.
My worthless advice? Turn them in and get your points back. Be a CREEP like us natives.
My request, don't gun down a 170?s 4 year old in 08 that will be a 195 or better in 2010.
I will (guarantee) someone will take a 200 inch deer in this basin in 08. I will guarantee the # of 200 inch deer taken in 08 won't be %5 of the 200 inch deer taken in 04.
Those of you who do hunt, I wish you the best and please post? I won't be in 55 every day to see how you do. I'll be South of town hunting Elk. If you do see a Wt Dodge flat bed with a fat old guy on the back in a folding chair glassing that means were done out South. Stop and visit.
What's most important are the post hunt counts 08.
The Division of Wizards and I will both be counting.

There was already a 200" deer taken in that basin this year ;-)

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

Lets see some pics of that 200"!!!!

I know for a fact that there are at least 2 200"ers left just in one little corner of this basin. The big one could go 220+/ 32" wide.. Both dworfed the tall 27 - 28" wide buck 180ish from the first post.

They are not behind every tree but they are there.

Winter kill is what it is but from what I have seen (spent over 35 days since Aug 15th in 55) old man winter did not get them all..

Hi there i would like tio talk to you. i have a 55 third season tag i no the area you have been in it. I want to no the real deal from someone who been there give me a call if you like 209-484-5431 thanks Kurt.

Tomichi, Me and you would probably get along fine, I am not an expert or a prick, but I am a smart ass. I am going to be in New Mexico hunting and then go on up to 55. We are going to look around 3 or 4 days and I may end up turning my tag in. I would eat a tag to get my points back, but I hate not to look around a few days first. Thanks for the advice, I see your point about everybody shooting the promising young bucks, that could really hurt the area. We will stop and say howdy if we see you sitting on the back of your pickup.

LRV, I know we'll find one, it's just the pressure. Point usage pressure is huge, makes you crazey, totally irrational, freaking nuts. Just remember what the doorman says, feed your head, feed you head. You know what I mean?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom