Looking for a B zone Fire??

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I'd like some suggestions of past Fires in the B zone that might be worth taking a good look at this year in case i don't draw my premium zone hunt. I get over that way from time to time and hunt bucks or fish the rivers but i usually always go to a new area as i've not yet found one i really like, too thick, so am still looking for a good spot.

Fires open up the country to make using your glass from distance a great option. I can't hunt like i once could. I'll not walk miles upon miles and pack out bucks on my back like they were weightless as i once did. But i am able to walk a ways to sit on point and cover the country with glass well until dark. Once i spot a buck that i'd want, then, i'll force this broken up old body to do whatever necessary to put him on the dirt.

Anyone thinking that they might pass on some info on a area that recently had a good sized fire that may hold decent bucks with access roads nearby, a post or PM would be appreciated and the info given respected. Thanks!

Joey

I really can't give you a specific area but if you go to geomac.gov you can find a history of wildfires in California and anywhere else in the US. I use it a lot just before the season to see what areas may be closed due to fires or for the same reason you are. You can even zoom in and see the contour of the terrain. It is like a relief map. Hope this helps.

JR

You can go back a few years with geomac. They color code the varies years so you can see 3-4 years worth of fires all on the same map.

JR

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom