Looking for a bow for a 5 year old

littlemonster

I am thinking of getting my 5 year old a bow for chrismas and was wondering if anybody had any sugestions.He wants to be able to fling arrows with his old man. I didnt know if the mission or any bows like that would be to hasrd for him to pull or not. Thanks.

Well for a 5 year old you wouldnt want anything permanent so ima suggest a genesis bow they'll definitely fling an arrow and they have a lot of draw length adjustment. Ive seen them at bass pro and cabelas if you want to check them out. good luck

I have a mini genesis for sell if you are interested my daughter turned out to be left eye dominate so she now shoots left handed now.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Would you sell it to me. My daughter wants to begin shooting as well. PM me more information please.

Thanks, Todd

Ditto on the Mini Genesis. I have a 5 year old that just started and the mini works great for him.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

I'm a thinking that a Genesis has no let-off, which is what you are looking for, or otherwise get a recurve.

My daughter shoots a Dharton Ranger II, which is adjustable for poundage and length of pull. Dharton also makes the Ranger, which, I THINK, starts out lower, and does not go as high in the poundage. But, I think both of em go down to about 15#. Actually, you probably need one to go down to about 12#.

But, get a compound and the Genesis is not really a compound, as it has no let-off.

John 14:6

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-09 AT 06:55PM (MST)[p]the genesis I have has a three pin sight, or the movible one in the photo, peep sight, no stabilizer, I also think I have a rest to throw on it. Just not the one in the photo. all for a good deal.

here is a photo of my oldest daughter shooting it when she was 6.
I purchased her a new bow and let my youngest daughter shoot this one. however she ended up being left eye dominate and also wanted to shoot a recurve so this bow didn't work out. It is in great shape.

DSCF1876.jpg

shoot me a pm if interested.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

diamon makes a bow called the nuclear ice that is a sweet little bow for little people. check it out,......cbryant

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom