Looking for a little Archery Elk help

Timbertundra

I have a general archery elk tag, I grew up deer hunting and have taken a couple small bucks.
I am in my 4th year of trying to get an elk.
Have hunted the Uintas near Whitney Reservoir, Bear River Service, west and east of Strawberry, and also in the manti unit.
I have gotten close with my bro. In laws on a couple spike and some cows, seeing if anyone has a bone to throw with some advice on finding larger numbers of elk. I know it is difficult and am good to push hard through the end of the hunt. I may be going up parleys heading north of little dell towards the east canyon resort, any canyon or draw someone might recommend trying in there? If not no worries but thought I might try and narrow it down just a bit. Any other recommendations or tips on strategy are welcomed.

If you don't want to share anything specific, is this even a good area to try? Should I go north west of the road and try and bump close to the East Canyon resort land? Or better to be south/east of the road?

People don’t give up info on general hunts very often. I don’t know anything about those areas but 4 years of no success archery hunting is pretty normal. If you found cows I would keep hunting around them.

Yeah that is true, I just see that other people have been willing to share a bit if the message was delivered tactfully asking for some pointers. People would rather share their pin number than a Uintas Elk honey hole, which I totally understand.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom