Looking for a New Bowtech Bow

H

hunt33

Well I have decided to look into a new bow. I really like to the Bowtech Bows, Allegiance is my favorite but would consider several others in the Bowtech lineup probably cannot afford the new tribute but sure like it, would consider the Patriot or Liberty. I would like to find a 2005 model or something used to cut down on costs. Money unfortunatly does not flow freely at my house. I have been watching some of the local bow shops and ebay etc, but if any of you guys are considering getting rid of a Bowtech Bow shoot me a PM and lets talk.

Thanks in Advance
I would prefer 29" and 60-70 lb but would consider anything if the price was right to change the cams if it is the 2005 Allegiance.

Why are you so set on Bowtech? Check out some of the others, shoot a bunch, then decide. I was not impressed at all with the Tribute's draw cycle (I'm glad you say you can't afford it), but it was quiet and had little hand shock. I would not buy it, and I can afford it (barely). :)

Lien2

I have went and shot about everything and that is what I personally liked the best. I have friends with the Allegiance and the Mathews Switchback XT, and have shot both quite a bit and just personally liked the feel and performance of the Allegiance though I cant complain about the Switchback XT and would love it at the right price also.

You have shot two of the best bows IMHO (if not THE two best), and are taking the one that felt the best and that you liked the best. That's all a guy can do! Congrats and good luck!

Lien2

I have an 05' like-new Old Glory with your specs that I would be willing to sell. If you're interested let me know. I have too many bows and need to get rid of a few--atleast that's what my wife tells me.....

I'm shooting the Liberty VFT, and its a great bow , very smooth . Its not the fastest bow , but I'm not set up for extreme speed either . It shoots very smooth and is very forgiving on the release . I know the Sportsmans Warehouse always discounts the prior years bows including bow tech.

The allegiance bow is so smooth. I was in the same boat as you about a month ago. I sold my old bow and wanted a new one but I didn't have alot of money to play with. I found a 2005 allgiance at Sportsman's Warehouse in Midvale. I paid $200.00 less then what they wanted for the 2006 model. They had an olg glory and a defender left. Give them a call.

I'm an admitted bowtech junkie. I own and shoot my allegiances and patriots regularly. I have purchased nearly all of my bows when the newer year model came out, usually at a several hundred dollar discount (at sportswarehouse). Another option you might consider is a used Patriot. Very similar in performance to the Switchback (with the addition of a $40STS it will be as quiet and shock free) at a fraction of the cost. They are selling on ebay and some of the archery forum website classifieds for less than half of retail--frequently <$300. There is no downside to a bowtech Patriot. They are smooth, fast and and accurate. When Bowtech came out with the binary cams and transferred the single cames to the Daimond line, a buch of guys put their Patriots on the market to upgrade. The last time I checked, Sports Warehouse was discounting their older Daimond (Bowtech) bows a significant amount. You might find a screaming deal on a victory (the new name of the Patriot) or the Rapture. Also, if they have an older model, Liberty, you ought to jump all over it. While not quite as fast as some of the others, it is super smooth and forgiving (it is still plenty fast for hunting/3-d). As someone previously noted, I've seen a number of significanty reduced 2005 binary cam models at sports warehouse. I picked mine up for <$500.

Well, you've certainly shot two of the very best. I would, however, add another to the mix. Try a Ross! I'd shot Mathews for over 10 years, but I also owned a Bowtech Pro 40 that I really liked. I was hearing such good things about Ross bows that I bought one - a CR337. I set it up for finger shooting and shoot it as well as I've shot any bow in the last 15-20 years. I was also very impressed with the overall quality of every single component in the bow. Bottom line is, both of my Mathews (an Ovation and a Conquest 3) have new homes, as does my Bowtech, and another 337 is on the way. Shoot one, I think you'll be impressed.

Been shooting a Bowtech Justice for the last couple of years. I'm a runt so it's size makes it easy for me to tote it around or handle it in a tree stand. Set at 62 lbs with Gold Tips with G5 Montecs.
Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom