Looking for ideas and opinions

freebird63

I do love to hunt big game, but after having 3 failed back surgeries I have come the conclusion that I need to figure out a better plan. Since I moved to Idaho I have hunted unit 39, sometimes held a doe tag and sometimes not. I did harvest a couple prior to my back problems. Anyone who knows unit 39 knows how hard you have to work for an animal. I just can't drag out an animal anymore. I don't really want to give up hunting, I just would like to see if there is something that would work to my benefit. I don't own horses or an ATV, ya that money thing always gets in the way of fun. So does anyone have any ideas they could pass my way so I could start planning for next year as my family loves venison.

Chuck in Boise

Chuck,
I guess I would be the first to say get a whitetail deer tag and head north of Grangeville and you can hunt from October 10th all the way till the first part of December in most units and its in either sex tag. my dad had a back surgery and a heart surgery in last 6-7 years so he doesn't get around as well either. We hunt down here in unit 39/43 I finally convinced him to go up there and hunt.That would be my suggestion if you're looking to fill the freezer with some venison that's not going to be something so physically exerting. most of what we did was on access yes properties as well as walk on gated logging roads on public land. I'm sure they're are plenty of guys on here that know more about hunting up north- but we usually hunt 8 & 8a and we've had decent success best of luck to you Chuck.

-Ed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom