Looking for Mule Deer Hunt

S

sthunter

Hello All,

I am looking to book a mule deer hunt for this year if possible, if not then next season. I need some insight as to some reputable outfitters where killing a 170" plus is likely.

I live in south Texas and booked a hunt through Rich Botta for a hunt that was supposed to take place this November in Craig Colorado. He scammed me and got away with my $4000 deposit.

I'm not picky about dates or location...I just cant spend more than about $5,000. Does anything come to mind? Thank you all in advance,

Brad

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-13 AT 06:27PM (MST)[p]Check with R&K Hunting. They shoot some great animals every year. I have a friend that's lucky enough to guide for them.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Sorry about that Rich deal. I'd look at either Colorado or Utah or private lands in Wyoming. Build preference points in CO,UT, and Nevada at least. If you can pay a little more, look at Alberta. Great bucks and limited hunting pressure.

We just filled our last 2014 deer hunt or I would offer to help.

Good luck on your effort.

Yeah your not the only one who has been scammed by rich botta.
He ripped me and my buddy off in 2009 for a IOWA deer trespass hunt. He refused to give us back our $600 deposits because he's a piece of crap. NEVER DO BUSINESS with him. Just do a search of his name. LOTS of negative things out there. I have written detailed accounts of my hunt that I contiue to post. If you need any further information just email me and I will be glad to tell you what he did to us. He is still trying to rip people off on EBAY. BEWARE of Rich's Hunting Adventures. BEWARE!!!!!!!!
Tony [email protected]

Don't go with R&K outfitting. I have a friend that guides full time for them, I've seen the pictures of the deer that most hunters shoot, and there diffently not 170 class bucks. The average looks more like 155.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-14 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]Save up some more money and go eastern Colorado plains. You can probably get it done for 6-7K and get a 180+ buck. They key there is to pay more for access to more acreage. Since its open country more is better. Look for an outfitter that has access to 100K acres +.

5k won't buy you a 170"+ buck, be prepared for 7-8j for a realistic chance at a deer that size. Sure, you can get lucky on a cheaper hunt, but don't EXPECT a deer that size on a 5k hunt. Also, your physical conditioning will play a factor. If you can't hike very well, consider a late season rut hunt, but again, a good one will run much more than 5k.

2a0fcsk.gif

With out preference points your for the most part out of the game if your goals a 170 plus inch deer for under 5k. Realistically speaking if you want to hunt western colorado you need to purchase a LO tag to hunt a quality area with out playing the points game. You best option if you want to kill a buck of that caliber in Colorado with no points is to go to eastern colorado. My first choice in outfitters would be either Comanche Wilderness Outfitters or Atkinson Expeditions.

Coloradoboy

I am trying to go to Alberta check out graham Brigdan outfitters,lots of reviews on bowsite.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom