Looking for Sage Grouse hunting

S

scottyboy

Hey all you northwestern guys,
I know that it is kinda early to be thinking about this, but I am wanting to know if any of you out there know any areas that are any good to do for sage grouse? I have always wanted to go on a trip for these great birds. They are a species that I beleive that if I don't get a couple of hunts in, in the next couple of years, that I may never get to do so. All the info. that I've read over the last couple of years keeps leaning towards closing the hunting seasons on the grouse. I am looking for any info. that you guys are willing to give up. Known guides, any areas that you guys know to hold birds,areas that you have seen them while out all the states that hold a season, anything will be appriciated.
Hope to hear from all you out there,
Scottyboy

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-04 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]lots of them here in wyoming.around casper there is alot of public land but i'm sure some outfitters take people. rawlins would be good too.
i'd rather go after blues they taste much better.
yum yum blue grouse now i'm hungery.
sage grouse opens the middle of september and blues open all of september.
i don't know any outfitters but wooden rifle outfitters might take bird hunters the wooden rifle ranch is in a good location for sage grouse. and is close to the farris mountains that should have some blues.
muddy mountan has both but i dont know any outfitters there.

There are a lot of birds in North Park (Colorado). Hunt the BLM land around Lake John and the Wildlife Refuge in the Walden area. We shoot limits everytime up.

I dont recommend them for eating though. Even the young one's stank to high heaven !!!!

Scotty,
Send me an email and we can chat about it. I know of a great place that is FULL of birds.

Hey Bowhunt, I sent you a private message. For some reason the site won't let me send you an e-mail. If you don't get the message, let me know over the forum, and I will give you my e-mail add. Hear from you soon,
Scottyboy

You had better hurry up and hunt them. There was a big article in today's Rocky Mountain News (04/10/04) about them trying to put the Greater Sage Grouse on the Endangered Species List. They've already got the Gunnison Sage Grouse out of the hunting regs about 3 years ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom