Looking for some info on 5BN

G

GJMauro12

First time on the sight and everyone seems pretty helpful in the threads so I thought i'd ask. I got drawn for 5Bn archery early hunt and i've never hunted it before. Everyone has told me about the "Grapevine" but it seems like everyone knows about it. Just wondering which part of the unit is gonna have the most traffic for the early archery hunt!

I hunted 5BN 7 years ago for elk and took a nice 5x5. But in the entire week of hunting the unit I never saw "any" deer! I saw elk every day scattered throughout the unit. I hunted "grapevine", "diablo canyon" and even just above the ranch house for the fish and game officer. I saw the most elk in the southern end in the junipers. Several herds were mingling in the trees.
Good Luck!
Paul
Nice Rack Taxidermy

There is no substitute for hard work in the field.... Pick an area that you find a good concenttration of cows and get to know it well... once you understand that area repeat the process in a couple of "plan B" spots as well. It is a decent unit you will find bulls and have a shot at a good one if you put in the time. Best of luck!

Aim Small... Miss Small!!

Let's Get Bloody!!!

FUGGETABOUT IT!!!!!

Gino

Couldn't have said it any better!! Become intemate with a couple areas and learn the animals themselves like they are family.

AZ elk tags don't come by so often. Whatever you can do time wise you'll kick yourself if you don't get some decent scouting time in. Learn the roads, gps some water, find some heavy trails, throw out a couple trail cams, etc to have a game plan A,B, and C. I drew 5bs a few years ago and had a great hunt but I know the next time I have an AZ elk tag is in my hands, regardless of unit, I'll do my best to live in it until the season starts and hunt the entire season.

Ryan
www.KeyToTheKaibab.com

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom