Looking to Burn 16 Points

28NoslerDRT

Long time "lurker", first time post. I have 16 elk points I am seriously considering burning this year. Am looking at the High Island Ranch as well as the Q Creek Ranch. I am looking for info on either as well as any other suggestions. Probably a one and done in Wyoming so guided and best opportunity at best possible. Thoughts or suggestions?

Not referring to you Seamaster. The first response which is no longer up, mentioned something about me being a new poster so I could go pound sand. I guess you need thick skin to be on here!
Don't know of the high island but the Q would be a once in a life time experience.

Only thing i know about High Island is how hated the owner is by all people in the area for what he has done to public access and also threatening bighorn sheep populations by refusing to not graze his sheep... he is a royal pos. For that reason alone, i wouldn't consider giving him a dollar. But it's your dollars, not mine. If you want a ranch hunt, i think. There are better options. If you want a real backcountry hunt for a big bull, you should be contacting Josh martoglio at trails west outfitters for a great hunt

Only thing i know about High Island is how hated the owner is by all people in the area for what he has done to public access and also threatening bighorn sheep populations by refusing to not graze his sheep... he is a royal pos. For that reason alone, i wouldn't consider giving him a dollar. But it's your dollars, not mine. If you want a ranch hunt, i think. There are better options. If you want a real backcountry hunt for a big bull, you should be contacting Josh martoglio at trails west outfitters for a great hunt
Frank Robbins just isn't disliked locally.

Total turd, and I'd quit hunting and take up golf before hunting with that outfit.

From what I learned High Island is a total chit show and very expensive. but with good elk.

Most of the better ranch hunts on the east side of the state seem to be booked up several years in advance.

If you want to hunt this year your options may be limited.

Several units in the Bighorns you could hunt. There are a couple good outfitters there. PM me if your interested

I see JJ is back in the business operating in the Cloud peak. if I wanted an outfitter in 45 I wouldn't hesitate to go with him.

I've been to Q Creek the past two seasons. One with my dad and the other with my mom. If you'd like to chat about the hunts feel free to reach out to me.

I've hunted the Q as well if you want to message me. Pros and cons but the best and shortest elk hunt I've ever been on but it's still elk hunting and may or may not work depending on your expectations. I did see slightly over 1000 elk in my first 2.5 hrs on the ranch but again not typical.

I've hunted the Q as well if you want to message me. Pros and cons but the best and shortest elk hunt I've ever been on but it's still elk hunting and may or may not work depending on your expectations. I did see slightly over 1000 elk in my first 2.5 hrs on the ranch but again not typical.
Probably a different outfitter since you were there.

Maybe a different outfitter but many of the same guides are working for the current outfitter. My parent's both had the same guide and he has guided on Q Creek for well over 20 years.
Do you know where the current outfitter is from?

Do you know where the current outfitter is from?
Yes, the current outfitter is from Texas. The gal who is in charge of the outfitting operation at Q Creek also runs the hunting operation on the Waggoner Ranch that's owned by Kroenke as well.

Yes, the current outfitter is from Texas. The gal who is in charge of the outfitting operation at Q Creek also runs the hunting operation on the Waggoner Ranch that's owned by Kroenke as well.
I was just checking to see how recently you'd been out there because the new outfit had only been out there 3 or so years now. Did they have a good hunt both times?

I was there in 2022 and 2023. Both of my parents had very good hunts. Like I said, most of the guides who are guiding there currently have been guiding at Q Creek for several years even though the current outfitter has only been running the hunts for the past few years. Basically the owner of the ranch has his own outfitting crew instead of leasing it out.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom