Loseing your bonus points in Utah!!!

JakeH

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-09 AT 09:38PM (MST)[p]I was fliping through the 2009 Guide Book and found this little paragraph that I dont quite understand.

page 18.

"Big changes to bonus point program.
-If you do not apply for a limited-entry
or once-in-a-lifietime permit or a
bouns point at least once in a
consecutive three year period,you will
lose any bonus points you have accrued.

Because 2009 is the first year of the
three year timeframe, point loss will
not begin untill after the 2011 hunt
drawing."

Dose this mean that if you put in for any of the tags you are ok or is it species pacific, and if you dont put in for that species for three years you lose your points for that species.

Here is an example, when I turned 14 I started puting in for elk, and three years latter I swithced to deer and and have stuck with the deer ever since, I have 3 elk points and 7 deer points, dose this mean that now If I dont put in for elk within the next 3 years I will lose those points OR since I am putting in for deer my elk points will be ok.

At first I thought I was going to lose my elk points if I didnt put in for elk in the next three years, but after re reading it I'm not sure.

If you do lose your points then its BS because you already paid for those points, what gives them the right to take them away.

What do you all think.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I think you will loose your elk points! the way i understand it is if you dont apply for the species you have points for you will loose them. maybe just apply for deer the next 2 years then elk the next so you dont loose them.

It says,
"If you do not apply for a limited-entry
or once-in-a-lifietime permit or a
bouns point at least once in a
consecutive three year period"

I'm quite sure it means you only have
to put in for "any" of the three choices listed
to keep all your points.

Cheers

I think they changed it so you don't have to choose between deer, elk and antelope. You apply for all 3 in the same year. $10.00 a pop for NRs, another way to get $$$$.

You will be fine as long as you are putting in for something. This applies to people that are not putting in or applying for a bonus point for three years.

DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOUR PEA BRAINED MEMORIES ARE???

BUT MANY MOONS AGO,NOT TOO FAR IN TO THE UTAH DRAW/POINTS GAME THEY COME UP WITH SOME KINDA BULLSSHIT LIKE THIS SAYING IF YOU MISSED EARNING POINTS ON THE SPECIES 3 COSECUTIVE YEARS YOU'D FORFEIT THEM POINTS ON THE SPECIES!!!

SO I ROTATED DRAWING ON THE SPECIES!!!

IT ONLY LASTED A COUPLE YEARS AND THEY CHANGED IT BACK!!!

BUT IT COST ME A COUPLE ELK POINTS!!!

NOW I'M SITTING HERE WITH 13 ELK POINTS THAT AIN'T WAF!!!

GEEZUS!!!

TELL ME EVERY LITTLE MOVE AIN'T ABOUT MONEY???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Bobcat, I faced the same situation. When they said we had to choose one, I went with deer until I drew Deseret, otherwise I would have max points for elk instead of only 13. Back in 1996 no one could see the great elk hunting that would be coming in the future.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom