Lost another sheep hunter

YELUM

Long Time Member
Jay Anderson passed away. He was a full curl member and gave me great info when my wife drew her sheep tag. He and his son Paul are a couple of great dudes. Rest in Peace Jay. Sorry for your loss Paul.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

I too, am very sorry to hear that news. The Andersons are fine folks and Jay will be missed. I have seen plenty of family pictures of an impressive hunting legacy.

My condolences to Paul, Todd and the rest of the family.

Larry and Rick,

Thank you for the kind words. My Dad was able to attend the Expo and Full Curl event the weekend before last and had a great time. He was so happy to meet old friends and talk about hunting. He hadn't been doing well for the last 10 months and when I told him 4 weeks ago when the expo was he rebounded and got out of the house for the first time in 3 months. He lived every day for those 3 weeks planing on going to the expo. I miss him already and it's not even hunting season. This next fall is going to be a rough one.

Here's a link to his obituary. The photo on the right is from his Full Curl stone sheep hunt

http://www.standard.net/Obituaries/2015/03/04/Jay-R-Anderson.html

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-15 AT 10:46PM (MST)[p]This is my favorite picture of my Dad and I on his Stone Sheep hunt in 2004.

9674image.jpg

And this is a photo from his last hunting trip this last fall with my daughter and her first elk.

5592image.jpg

Paul, great write up and tribute to your dad. Were you pushing him in a wheelchair on Sat at the expo? If So I saw you go buy and thought about shouting to you but wasn't sure it was you. Again, sorry for your families loss.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

Paul,
Sorry for your loss!
I tried to find your email address and send a note of condolence but I can't find it or didn't have it.
Hang on to the great memories.
Zeke

Paul,

Very sorry for your families loss. I got the privilege of meeting your father a couple of years ago when I had a deer tag on the CWMU he managed. He was very helpful and I enjoyed hearing his stories of helping others make great hunting memories. He struck me as a very good man.

mulecreek

I didn't know the guy or his family but it's always a bummer to hear of the passing of a guy like that. As I age, and see the people I've looked up to as sheep hunters age, my own mortality slaps me in the face more and more. I just hope, when I go to the big sheep camp in the sky, that people can find nice things to say about me. I do know one thing, when that time comes there's gonna be a BUNCH of wall tents and spotting scopes setup in that sheep camp and there will be some great ram stories being told.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

When I drew my Rocky Mtn. Bighorn tag Jay invited me to his home, gave me magazines as well as advise and this was someone to whom he never met before. We stayed in touch over the years and was thrilled when he took his Stone. Class all the way. To Jay, may the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-15 AT 08:07PM (MST)[p]Thanks everyone. Larry, yes that was us. He had a great time and I'm sure he would have loved to talk with you.

We held a life celebration for my Dad last night (he made us promise, no funeral).

A taxidermist made a board for me to display his sheep.

7040image.jpg

It was great to get with family and friends and share stories about my father.

Sorry for your loss, but realize you and your family have great memories together!

Love the pics of his and your stone sheep hunt along with pic of sis's first bull with your dad...awesome!

Ed

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-15 AT 09:03PM (MST)[p]Sorry to learn about Jays passing. I had the good fortune of hunting Desert Sheep with him in 1997 or 1998. I learned alot from him in the 2 or 3 days that we hunted together. In fact he offered a different perspective on a lot of things. One thing I remember is one day he was kind of quiet and seamed kind of grumpy. I finally asked him what was bothering him...He told me my truck. He said "your truck bothers me" "it rides like crap" "any decent Guide or Outfitter should have a good truck" I responded by saying "well its not really a truck, its a Chevy S10 Blazer" Jay said "Exactly"

Grand Slam #911

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom