Lost Swarovski Bino's

A

azarcher

FYI- I lost a pair of Swarovski 10x42 SLC's while on a deer hunt in the Az 13B hunt. If anyone has any info.or found them, I would make it worth their while for the return. I can be contacted here on MM's web site. Thanks, Mark

Dude! that sucks, I treat my Swaro's like an only child. Hope you get them back ... but I wouldn't count on it.

RUS

Im so sorry to hear that but you cant have mine!

nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

Ouch!
That hurts!
Sorry to hear....hopefully there are still honest people out there....
Good luck

PS Maybe now would be a good time to upgrade to a pair of EL's...While the wife is still feeling sorry for you. (you may have to play it up for awhile....)
------------------------------------------------------
By the way,
I live in UT.
There are a lot of UTARDS that live here.
I have also seen quite a few WYOMORONS, NEVADUHNS, COLORADORKS, ID-IOTS and AIRHEADZONANS in my travels.

OUCH!

There's some guys that are out there more often than the rest of us. Guides & Mag guys.... Maybe contact them, tell them of the where & when. Then pray.

Good luck

Mark:

I'll send you a pm about this. Got some spring turkey hunts up there so I'll be around.

Sorry about your loss,

Don Martin
AWO

No, I bet someone will find them!

A few years ago I was doing a juniors-only elk hunt in 6A when I found a backpack.

Inside was a Swaorvski architechural rangefinder, two boxes of ammo, water and snacks.

I put out a sign in front of my camp advising of the find.

I get a note from a guy who says bring it to his camp, which was about 3 miles away.

I figure if he lost it, he surely wouldn't mind coming back to my camp after dark to retrieve it.

Next day another note on my door and he says he's going home and to call him.

I do, and he identifies all the stuff and asks me to mail it to him and asks how much he owes me. I tell him to reimburse me for the postage/insurance ($20) and call it goo. He says cool.

I mail him the stuff and you know what? Never got reimbursed!

He told me that he had borrowed the rangefinder and if he would have lost it there would have been big trouble.

I also found a guy's backpack on the Strip a year after he lost it. The clothes inside had been eaten up by the packrats, but retrieved and returned his custom knives and other stuff. So it does happen.

Don Martin
AWO

That was very cool for you to return the stuff to him and that guys is a idiot for not at the very least opaying you back. what a moron. Next time someone finds his lost borrowed stuff I hope he does not get it back.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Yesterday, I found a pair of Simmons 10x25's in the brush. I can send these cheapos to you if you need a pair of optics!
I agree with Don that someone will find them but will you get them back??

Bomber,

Those Simmons binos were not lost, they threw them out there to get rid of them! See if you can find the owner and turn him in for a reward for his littering.

YOUR AN IDIOT FOR LETTING THAT HAPPEN........If I found them I would sell them for $1000.00 online and then go to Vagas (since I have 2 pair!),however since your a fellow MM'r $900.00!!
RM

Rackmaster,
Thats the difference between you and me. We can't all do the right thing. Some day it will be you.

fldrw
I agree it is not a smart thing to lose expensive hunting equipment, however I have lost such equipment over the years and I suspect many other good and honest hunters have as well. I think he is just trying to take advantage of this web site to see if a miracle can happen and his SLCs be found and returned. Probably extremely unlikely but how is it that you accuse him of being dishonest? I do not see anything in his post that would justify such a personal attack?

I know ALMOST how you feel, I turned around to grab my 20x60x80 scope/tripod/holder while sheep hunting Wy this year- they'd been on my 2nd llama and they were gone. The last thing I wanted to do was a few more miles but of course I tied off the boys and hot footed it back 2 miles or so and it was lying in the middle of the trail- what a relief. I was way back in so someone finding it was not a probability but I was sure happy to get it back.

Sorry to hear you lost your binos. One thing that has helped me in the past is to always have my GPS on and running 'tracks' when afeild, even if I know the area. This has saved me a couple of times. We all know, when we get into the moment of hunting, things are bound to happen. Since I've been doing this I've retrieved my buddies back pack and another friends 10X42 El's which he had just purchased prior to his hunt. Long story short...We hit a bull while bow hunting, found the bull, in the excitement, his binos fell from his pack about two miles from the truck and a quarter mile from the bull in some of the thickest deadfall possible. He was able to download his 'tracks' to my GPS and we all set out looking for the 'needle in the haystack', which of course I wouldn't have found if not for the Garmin. I realize that Monday morning quarterbacking isn't going to help you, but hopefully it might help someone in the future. Oh and by the way, he bought everyone lunch that day!

Good luck in you quest.

Fstop

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom