lowa tibet pro gtx

mshane

Well they say the third time is a charm.. I am looking for a new pair of boots for an upcoming Elk hunt this fall in CO. I originally was going to buy the Danner Satiam but just couldn't pull the trigger on that boot. So I drove the hour to the nearest Cabelas and tried on several boots, although their selection was actually pretty poor. They didn't even have any of their own branded boots like the Outfitter Pro in the 400 gram thinsulate. Any way I ended up trying on the Meindl Perfeckts and for the little bit of time I walked around in the store they seemed to fit well. Once I got home I started wearing them around the house and as I had read they squeek, which I suppose with some Obenaufs that could be taken care of. Unfortunatly no matter how I laced them I started to get some heel slip. I had tried on a half size smaller and my toes were at the end of the boot. Guess these just don't fit me.

So now I am looking at the Lowa Tibet Pro GTX and have read lots of reviews stating they are great boots but here is my question. For those of you who have them, are they warm in the winter months without any insulation. I live and hunt in Northern Illinois so these boots will see 99.9% of their time hunting whitetails from Oct to Jan. So what do you think.

Thanks in advance....

I love my Tibets but definitely switch to an insulated boot for winter months.

The Santiam is a good insulated boot, it is one of my recommendations but it is not as stiff and sturdy as the Tibet. One is a hunting boot, the other is a heavy hiker/light mountaineering boot. You need to decide first how much boot you need.

For cold weather, either get the Santiams which are insulated or get the Tibets large enough to take a thick winter sock like the Bridgedale Summit. Also, if you think you need the Tibet suport and structre but want insualtion take a look at the Lowa Hunter GTX Extreme. It is a 10 inch boot but it is insulated.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom