luck on front?

I have a friend who shot a 193 inch four point that measured 29 wide during the extended archery season. He did post it on the Giant Utah Bucks and Bulls page on Facebook on or around November 2nd.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

I had the biggest piece of luck getting close to this big 3 point chasing a doe on Saturday. Only to screw up the shot. I was waiting for the buck to step into my shooting lane. While I was waiting, I had my finger on the release and accidentally squeezed the release (because of cold fingers) before I was ready. The buck heard the shot and ran off.

Lesson learned I guess (I'm pretty new to archery). I'm heading out today again.

I have rattled in two bucks both were scared off before getting into bow range by someone shooting a handgun and rifle for target practice. Timing just hasnt been mine this year, yet. Been fun to watch them run from across the canyon to check out the rattle though. Heading up again today.

I have seen more people hunting the Ogden Extended than ever before. Everytime I head up the mountain I find someone in the spot I had planned to hunt. Last night I glassed up more hunters than deer. It has been a rough year for me locally. I think bowhunting is just getting more popular.

Got lucky on monday.
239720141124_124720_000.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom