m-3 landowers

nuts4bucks

my father-in-law drew this tag this year he was wondering if anyone knows any landowners in this unit he would be willing to pay a trespass fee to get access he wants to make the most of his tag since he will probably never draw it again any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

I don't think you need to hunt private property to find a good Buck. There is more public land to hunt than you can hunt in one season. Just get a BLM map of that area and it will show land ownership, then use good optic and glass, glass, glass any place you find bitter brush or in the oaks. Scouting early does't help except to learn the country due to the deer not leaving Dixie Refuge untill around the first part of November( unless you get a good snow). It's a quality hunt and you'll have a great time

First congrats to your father-in-law he's a lucky guy. My father and 2 of my friends drew that tag in '06 and all of them got decent bucks but I think 1wapiti is right, there is alot of public land to hunt with plenty of deer. check your BLM map and check the strip on the east side of the refuge. There was a pic of my father's buck in the 2007 hunting regs. Good luck

If you get weather you won't need private land. Without the weather it would not hurt to have access to a certain piece of land or two, actually just the ability to legally go through that land to the government land behind it. They killed some big bucks back there last year.

I drew that tag a few years ago. I would hunt the Doyle Grade road. It goes up the mountain right from town(very small town) as you go up the road the left side is private but the right side is BLM and higher up it's NF. Tell him to hold out, I wish I had.

Hunted there in 06, like eveybody says, the more snow up in dixie mtn., the better...beware of a landowner who's pack'n iron, he met a guy we talked to from redding with a double barrel 12 ga. at the gate of his property, then later in the week steve (from redding) was hunt'n public land above this guy's place shot and missed a big buck, looks down and across the meadow and here comes this guy with 2 dogs and a scopped big bore, steve not wanting another cofrontation turned and hump'd his way back up the steep canyon. we talked to a local bear hunter while we were above this guy's ranch, the local said he was a retired lawyer from the city, said he had a reputation for running people off public land with a gun..the bear hunter said the guy had'nt tryed to threaten him yet,..said it may be his last if he did...this guys little place is on the west side of the r.r tracks right where they start a sweeping turn to the east, about 4 or 5 miles n.w. of Halleluah (sp?) junction.It's the last ranch on that side for a long ways..Good luck and be safe!! Mike

Hunt right up to the edge of that rectums property and when he threatens and brandishes a firearm.....take movies. Then next year...you can hunt on YOUR private ranch! I hate people like that.

Good luck on your hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom