M-8

You can't turn in deer tags we are both screwed as I have the X5-b tag. Most of the zone is on BLM so I am going period.

Fires are not in the X5-b area they are several hundreds of miles away from this zone

Just to clarify - you can now turn tags back in. This is new to CA this year, you can surrender your tag and request preference points to be reinstated & get one point for this year. However, they are not doing refunds. It does look like they are considering refunds due to fires, but that's not until 2022 if approved.

I have an X6b tag that is going back now that the Dixie fire has burned to the Sugar fire.

Here is a look at the section and they have a returned tags link here: Returned Tags

1631036834063.png

Just to clarify - you can now turn tags back in. This is new to CA this year, you can surrender your tag and request preference points to be reinstated & get one point for this year. However, they are not doing refunds. It does look like they are considering refunds due to fires, but that's not until 2022 if approved.

I have an X6b tag that is going back now that the Dixie fire has burned to the Sugar fire.

Here is a look at the section and they have a returned tags link here: Returned Tags

View attachment 51713
I did not realize that they made this change, thanks for posting. I think it is a good rule for situations like the fires. The only concern is the fact that CA allows points averaging so hopefully people aren’t able to take advantage of this rule by turning back the higher point holders tags and allowing the lower one to keep theirs. This can really turn into a very slippery slope, and I can promise if it is allowed people will do it. If they allow tags to be turned in the hole group should have to turn them in.

Mark

As far as the M-8 tag, I wouldn’t think the fires would hurt this hunt too much as long as the forest is open, which it should be.

Mark

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom