M3 or G3

G3 has a greater number of bucks and is an easier hunt(shoot), some might argue that the M3 herd has better genetics.

You'll have a good hunt in either unit, if you want better draw odds put in for M3. If you're not in a hurry to draw G3 is a great hunt, but could take up to 20 years to draw if you have max points. If you don't have max you're looking at extremely slim chances of drawing.

>If you like building points they're
>both good choices.

M3. I've never hunted it but have spent enough time in G3 to know that there are better bucks elsewhere. I do personally know two guys that have been fortunate enough to hunt both zones and both liked M3 better.

>Opinions?

M3 is not what it used to be. The season is too early and rarely gets the necessary weather to bring the big old bucks out of the refuge which is what the hunt is intended to do, harvest bucks from that herd. As a result only local bucks get hunted each year which already get hammered in the regular x6a x6b seasons with hundreds of tags. There are other xzones that are better draws now.

M3 will still be the best "Muzzy" hunt available however. But as with most X zones....weather is the determining factor!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

I hear that regular season got hammerd last year,I dont think I seen one buck online from the muzzy hunt this year.

>
>
> Put in for M-3.
>That way I have a
>better chance to draw G-3..lol..pc
>

I was thinking the sam thing Paul. If more people would apply for M3 than maybe and I mean maybe.. I could draw a G3 tag before I die and it would be fun to go play find a big buck with Nickman and as long as I am asking for the impossible I would like to get a elk tag for the same area.

Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom