Man-Cave! It's alive!

overkill

I'm sure plenty of you guys have man-caves, lets see them! Here's mine, as you can tell its still a work in progress..

A complete dump..
8002a.jpg

The work begins...
9386d.jpg

windows, french doors and siding..
5325l.jpg

exterior complete!
6916o.jpg

leveling the slab...
946aa.jpg

sub-floor installed
3044bb.jpg

sheetrocking the ceiling..
1570dd.jpg

sheetrock complete!
5472img_0385.jpg

wood paneling installed
3759img_0427.jpg

Looking good....is the pole gonna go in the middle or in a corner?

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-11 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]If I was you I would go back and turn them floor joists on edge (crown up)before you get to far along and wonder why the floor keeps sinking..2x4's on 16" centers should be fine... Looks good though, bet it's exciting..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

WOW!!

That is changing fast.

Lots-a-work so far and it is showing.

Keep it going and you will be very happy.

How come no snow in the yard?

Lucky man! ha

Robb

Lookin good!! Going to be a nice place to hang out with the trophies.

I'd probably have done away with the 2x4's on the floor... you'll get the trampoline effect over time unless you put in a lot more braces. If you aren't to out of level from end to end I'd pour some self-leveling mortar. Would take many bags for a room that size but it goes down quick and I've done several that size. Will give you more height as well compared to the wood subfloor.

Post more pics when you get done with it. Nice work.

If its not too late I would do myself a favor and sheet the walls with plywood so you won't have to worry about finding a stud when you are hanging the heads!

I can't really show you what my man cave looks like because I've had several and also because any pic would get insta-nuked by the mods...but...I'll tell ya what, touch your thumbs together, next touch your idex fingers together, now hold your hands out in front of your face...that's what my man cave looks like ;-)

~Z~

>I can't really show you what
>my man cave looks like
>because I've had several and
>also because any pic would
>get insta-nuked by the mods...but...I'll
>tell ya what, touch your
>thumbs together, next touch your
>idex fingers together, now hold
>your hands out in front
>of your face...that's what my
>man cave looks like ;-)

.......and the 2x4's are on the OUTSIDE so I won't fall in!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Yes, I will use 1/4 ply for the walls, then on top of that 3/4" knotty pine panels. I'm going for the rustic/western look.

yea, maybe I should add more joists. I think I am too out of level for self-levelng concrete. The drop over 10 feet is 4 1/4"! yikes!

You really need to add some Joists and put them on edge if your gonna install hardwood or any hard surface flooring...16" centers will be your best bet to work out for your 4x8' OSB sub floor..You're gonna have too much deflection in that floor the way it is...

I'm just trying to save you a headache down the road..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I totally hear you. Right now, I have 2' centers supporting the osb. Osb is simply screwed down so it would be easy to get back under there.

When I change out the skip-sheeting with ply on the roof, I'll drop in the insulation from above. Good point.

6777tack.jpg

Looking good overkill . I like the pine lodge look myself , and just got done doing the tack room in pine tongue and groove . One day I want to do wall and ceiling in my family room , but I figured I would practice on the smaller tack room first .

>Overkill what size do the wood
>paneling sheets come in ?
>I looked for them at
>lowes , but couldn't find
>them .

Depends on what you are looking for. The paneling i'm referring to is actual knotty pine panels, 10-3/4" wide, lapped on both sides with a decorative profile on one edge. It's a little spendy, $2.00 sq ft. Those are special order from a lumber yard. Lowes does have birch wainscot panels in 4x8 sheets.Not as nice but a hell of a lot cheaper, about $40 a sheet.

If you are referring to the ceiling panels, i fabricated those myself.

Looks good! When I put my paneling in I used water based Polyurethane. I was told that the oil based would turn yellow much worse. The wood will naturally yellow some but not nearly as much if you use water based poly.

Looks Great!

It sounds like a few of you are looking for wood paneling. In addition to the lumber yards, try the local saw mills and by direct. I am doing my cabin roof and floor with pine T&G.

I saved a lot of $$ buying direct. Just an idea....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom