Man, I hate mid-summer!

Shouldn't that read h-o-t, not h-o-1? I'm at 5,500, gonna be 100 tomorrow. Lennie will be along shortly to tell u about man made global warming!

Let's see if we can get a group discount airfare to Wanaka, 47 is a hell of a marketing strategy, in Utah, this time of year!. I can't leave before midnight!

That's funny DW. So it''s the "new norm" is it.
DC

It was a low of 49 and a high of 63 in NW Kali today. I'll have to take my coat off tomorrow if I mow the lawn.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-16 AT 07:48AM (MST)[p]>You sick SOB!
>
>DC

I can't afford to hire it done and my wife refuses to mow it. Sorry. :D

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-16 AT 12:59PM (MST)[p]
It would serve you right if you got frost bit eel. How can you be so cavalier while the rest of us are basting in our own grease?

If this hot wind keeps sucking the moisture off my lawn, there won't be any thing left for either my wife or I to mow.

Left there this morning at 5:05 a.m. to do a little trout fishing, it was so stinking hot by 9:00 a.m. we just beached it a came home to cool off. Maybe you northern coastal Cali boys have got more going for you than we give you credit for?

How do you get that MJ to bud out in those kinds of temperatures?

Tell me eel, do you notice the heat when you're carmelyzed? Colorado is only 3 and a half hours from my house, if it helps I could make an emergency run to Grand Junction!

DC

The trick is circulating the air from underneath the plant, DC. Misters work wonders as well.....from what eel says.

It'll be 80 here today and I'm sweating. Everyone went to the beach...I had to stay home and work. We head to the lake on Friday so that'll be nice. Yes, we still have a little bit of water in some of our lakes.

Did you get any bites, DC?

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I told my wife to get out there and mow the lawn since it's not going to mow itself!

My black eye is about all healed and the lawn looks great after I mowed it.

Oh, and yes it's hot here in Utah which makes us all a bit cantankerous. I wish I were in Petaluma right now.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-16 AT 02:47PM (MST)[p]GFY Zeke! Did I mention it's currently 102 here?:D

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-16
>AT 02:47?PM (MST)

>
>GFY Zeke! Did I mention it's
>currently 102 here?:D

Too hot for my blood and I have to fell a couple dead trees at my cabin tonight. I guess a good sweat will do me good.

Zeke

DW,

I have a professional to help me and tonight's the night. I have to feed him moose burgers but that's okay since it's my son-in-law.

It'll be fun for my wife and me to have their little family up tonight even though it's work.

We'll be okay since I know how to work slowly!!!

Zeke

Whew, it's cooled off here today, clear down to 102. We must be living right DW, ole Wizard is freezing his butt off at 80 degrees, poor devil!

Steve, two small rainbows, about 14". My buddy cut my line at the boat, so one'em is doing business with a brand new green backed, yellow/orange bellied flat fish, hanging off his jaw. My buddies wearing a big ole knot on the side of his head as well! These boat paddles leave a mark!

DC

Zeke, don't be screwing up your wife's cow hunt, messing with chain saws and trees, they'll leave a mark too!

DC

I know DC.
It's all about priorities and the trees are way below the cow hunt with the tag in my wife's pocket!
I got her put in for the late tag. She should draw with her points.
We'll talk when she draws and I'll reach out for some unit tips.
Thanks
Zeke

Hit h-0-1 here in the end today. "Cooler" tomorrow only 89! Stay cool zeke, hydrate, I recommend coors light beins somebody else is runnin the saw!:D

DC, I live about a mile from the ocean. I'll be able to see the ocean again after my neighbor harvests his weed. :)

Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is easy to grow. It'll grow in the cracks in the sidewalk if it gets a little water. But it does better about 5 miles inland where night time temperatures are around 60.

Used to grow wild in the horse chit back in Minnesota. Kinda like them shrooms elkassassin!

I'm sure I met your neighbor a few years ago, on a trip through northern Calif. Course it was hard to tell which one of them was your neighbor........ they all looked identical to me. You boys have discovered "The Great Equalizer".

Here's to your forth coming view of the ocean, eel! May the harvest light up your life! ;-)

DC

I'm @ 7500' & it's been in the hi 90's for the last week.Was 37 in the morn last week,62 this morn @ 5.
Hot for here & now the smoke has really blown in.
But we do have a chance for a t-storm or 2 building.
At least the critters are looking good,as long as the feed lasts.
Come on Monsoons!!!

All this chit-chat about the truth serum weed and I thought I had a secret. There is a local place that wild Opium Poppies grow. I think they date back to the Chinese Rail Road workers and no one recognizes them. This is why California has "Happy Cows".

Well, I lived through it (for those who care. ha)

It was 80 when I arrived and we worked from 6 to about 8:30. My son-in-law did all the climbing and topping and I was his ground crew of one, although my wife helped lots too. We were either chainsawing or pulling ropes for the whole time and faired pretty well. We got everything down and a couple all sawed and cleaned up.

The high point of the night was the thick burgers on the Treagor with pastrami. Yummy dinner, good company and very productive!

Good luck to all of you who are suffering this summer. Hunting season is coming!

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-16 AT 03:00PM (MST)[p]Your a hell of a man Zeke, all that and you still managed to get your ass reamed out by a guy that lives over a thousand miles from your cabin. You sir, are a fricking overachiever!

You must be like a rattlesnake, Zeke, as the heat goes up, you get highly motivated and quick as a whip. The folks should all be grateful it only got up to 80, up your way!

I'm thinking this heat is giving everyone a rash, and some folks blood temperature has put a little zip in their metabolism. When you bring the heat, water boils. Imagine that!

Thanks for politely calling an apple red and for taken the heat!

DC

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-16 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]Jagerdad, you Cali boys live in a different universe. Us Utah hillbillies wouldn't know "midnight oil" from "belyando spruce".

Well.........I guess I shouldn't paint all us U-tards with the same brush, I'm pretty certain, the BobCat and his north eastern band of jolly outlaws know exactly what the forest grows!

Thanks for sharing the pic. of the buck your daughter shot. I'm envious, he looks like he might of had some age on him!

DC

Haha, Oh what fun it is to deal with an cantankerous, stinker, internet wannabe, tough guy who has nothing better to do than troll on MM and attack folks character. If I were king......

I had to get out of the valley to get to my cabin to get to the cool 80 degree temps but it wasn't too bad once there. Like I said, I know how to work SLOWLY when it's this hot and I knew it was only going to last a couple+ hours.

The logs are beckoning me to come back and finish things up so I'll be back at it for a couple hours over the next couple night.

Thanks for the shout!
Zeke

DC....makes me not miss home at all!! It is nice and the 80s here in Southern Washington.

Going Salmon Fishing on the Columbia next week. Nice cool breeze and 20lb kings are what I moved to here!! haha

Figured you'd wring the most of where every you moved J. Now if you had done theTexas thing, you'd bass fishing in crazy hot weather!!! You choice wisely. Have you got your Dad up on that salmon river yet?

>Figured you'd wring the most of
>where every you moved J.
> Now if you had
>done theTexas thing, you'd bass
>fishing in crazy hot weather!!!
>You choice wisely. Have
>you got your Dad up
>on that salmon river yet?
>

He is flying in on Friday and we have a trip out on Sunday all day. The kings are biting right now so I hope to get him on some big ole Chinook this weekend.

2lumpy....Lets hypnotize FishlakeElkHunter......Repeat: "I am Your Father"...."Send More Airline Tickets".....

Down here in California's Central Valley, we get to enjoy 108 Degrees. I'm dressing up in my Afghanistan Contractor Tactical Gear and shall run around the fields.

You are a wonderful Son for your Father. He is very lucky to have you and also, near him for days such as pictured.

Jagerdad :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom