Man on the Moon

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Where were you when it happened? I was bussing tables at Sizzler Steak House. We saw it on TV in the office.

When I was just a kid my dad said they'd put a man on the moon before I'd ever amount to anything. He was right. :D

I was at my Parents home in Fort Collins, Colorado. We shot fireworks off the back porch. I was ten years old.

I was Perty Young but I Remember it!

You gotta admit that Guy Was Gutsy!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

The relatives came to our house...we had a color TV.

My, times have changed, they can't give away a TV...unless it is flat screen.
John 14:6

I was 14 or 15 at the time. I was with my family in Hawaii on a 6 week summer vacation. I don't recall to much of the landing, but I
certainly recall the splash down when they returned. The condo complex we were staying at, had arranged a "Splash Down Party". I remember my dad being so drunk, that he had to climb all the stairs on his hands and knees to get to our unit, then the stairs to get to his bedroom. A few years later, he got to meet all three astronauts at a club in Northern California. Neal Armstrong gave him some Nasa pins and other small items. It was an amazing achievement by the space program. Today, it seems like any space endeavor is treated as no big deal.

Watching it with my family on our old black and white TV. As a 10 yr. old, I was amazed and enthralled.

Back when if Our Government Told us something We Believed it!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

> Back when if Our
>Government Told us something We
>Believed it!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

And everybody was united to go to the moon. Now we can't even build a fence. :D

We were on a family vacation in a cabin on the shore of Vallecito Lake in southwest Colorado. I had lugged a 12" B&W TV with rabbit ears just so my kids could watch it.

I'm not sure about the rest of the astronauts, but Joe Engle was a class act. I spent a week with him and his son, Capt. Jon Engle on a bow hunt for elk in SW Colorado. His son had already flown combat missions in Iraq and entertained us with a few tales about them.

Before I left Joe gave me a framed color photo of the shuttle he commanded, along with a shoulder patch they wore on their sleeves. He also wrote a personal note on the mat about the hunt and signed it. It's still hanging on my office wall in sight right now.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

That cool stuff Tony. I was 12 and playing Baseball with the old Rubber ball against a old red Brick 100 year old School then went home to watch it.........BULL! . Tony I am AKA NatureBob from Coues WT.

Myself and five cousins were up at Mirror Lake in the Uinta Mountains and were coming back in the afternoon. We stopped to buy a hamburger and saw it on TV in that Restaurant. I was 16 when it happened.

Some things you just remember, My wife says I remember nothing!!! Selective memory loss I expect.LOL

>Some things you just remember, My
>wife says I remember nothing!!!
>Selective memory loss I expect.LOL
>

"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is."

Barbara Bush (Former US First Lady)

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I arrived in Hong Kong that day and that evening while I was sitting in the bar at hotel they had it on the TV. I was there for 6 days and a lot of the locals there thought it was just another "movie, not the real thing".

I had other things to do so ignored the talk.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

My brother and I were checking on a cow that had a calf earlier that morning. We were listening to a "transistor radio". We checked on the cow and then high-tailed it home to watch on TV.

I know a fairly well educated man who swears it never happened and was all staged for TV.

And you guys that were "on a vacation"... at that age I didnt know what that meant. You must've been "townies". :)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-19 AT 10:38AM (MST)[p]>And you guys that were "on
>a vacation"... at that age
>I didnt know what that
>meant. You must've been "townies".
>:)

I was already 28 yrs. old and had three kids over five years old. Was working as the manager of a J.C. Penny sporting goods dept. in Phoenix.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-19
>AT 10:38?AM (MST)

>
>>And you guys that were "on
>>a vacation"... at that age
>>I didnt know what that
>>meant. You must've been "townies".
>>:)
>
>
>I was already 28 yrs. old
>and had three kids over
>five years old. Was working
>as the manager of a
>J.C. Penny sporting goods dept.
>in Phoenix.
>
>TONY MANDILE
>
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

>How To Hunt Coues Deer

That's cool Tony. I wasnt seriously bashing anyone. I just grew up with a Dad who was never happier than when he was working on his ranch. Therefore we didnt go on many vacations. I'm just jealous.

I was 13, watched it with my family. Times were pretty shitty back then with the war going on, but the moon landing was super cool.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom