Man's Best Friend

lchcguide

Browsing monstermuleys as I typically do on a sunday afternoon, and decided to post up my good ole buddy Doc. He is one the only ones that agrees with me whole-heartedly and never argues with me. He follows me everywhere I go and helps me pester momma. One of the best friends I could ask for.
7586resize_doc_1.jpg

7756resize_doc_2.jpg

Post up your hound dogs, I just love good ole dogs!

Great looking hunting buddy Ichcguide.

Here is my last Dog getting revenge on a Coyote
6368img_1655_1.jpg

Here is my next Dog , only 4 weeks old
1300img_2072_1.jpg

Most of you know Sparkey by now. About as good a friend as a Man can have.

This is my favorite Spark pic, he was younger and hadn't lost some of his tricolor coloration. Always on the lookout for a rodent.
KariAbriweekendNov7-9-03064.jpg

He didn't much care for 7 days of whitewater rafting. He would put his head under my Wife's armpit so he didn't have to look at a big one coming up.

Deso-GrayCanyonFloatTrip8-25-07--10.jpg

Why I hate Coyotes
DeclarationofWar001.jpg

Beandude
I've seen pics of Sparky the last couple years. How old is he now? Did the coyote wound heal up completely?

F-Dude,

Spark is 8.5 now. He healed completely from the yote attack, he attacked a yellowish looking long haired dog that was sniffing him at a bike festival a year ago, he's never done anything like that before and it shocked us because he was going for blood. We think it must have looked like a coyote to him because he's not an alpha type dog.

BeanMan,
Those little white dogs rule don't they! I've had several hunting dogs and none of them came close to having the heart that these little dogs do.

bwhiteCO that is a Jack Russell Terrier. They are awesome dogs. I had two of them that was stolen from me by crackheads right out of my backyard. Now I have a really good buddy named Katie that is a Rat Terrier. Here's a picture of my girl.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

>bwhiteCO that is a Jack Russell
>Terrier. They are awesome
>dogs. I had two
>of them that was stolen
>from me by crackheads right
>out of my backyard.
>Now I have a really
>good buddy named Katie that
>is a Rat Terrier.
>Here's a picture of my
>girl.
>
>"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat
>are vegetarians - except for
>the occasional mountain lion steak."
>
>-Ted Nugent-

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-10 AT 06:41AM (MST)[p]Sorry for junkin' up this thread folks. i'm trying to figure out how to reply with multiple pics. I posted my first pic on this site lask week with no problem but evidently it is different when you are not the originator of the post. Can someone please help me here? I've PM'd Ichiguide but I wanted to ask all of ya.

-Ted Nugent-

2127000_0006.jpg

51941225051555.jpg

You've never suffered a naughty dog till you have lived with a Beagle. Miss Lilly truely is my best friend.

Slick

Here are a few pics of my baby. He doesnt hunt, but he sure is my best friend when im having a bad day. His name is Pork Chop, and this is him having a bad day. He got my sons motorcycle helmet stuck on his head. He is a english Bulldog, and i love him.

4448sspx0097.jpg

7609sspx0098.jpg

4b51f9eb019b017b.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-10 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p]I sure hope this works. This here is my best friend Katie. She is a Rat Terrier. Teddy Roosevelt developed the breed.

I'm really happy I figured this picture thing out. I did it all by myself to. all I had to do was read the instructions. Duhhh!

By the way she'll be 9 years old on 3-8-10. She gets a Sam Adams beer and a big chunk of raw elk steak for her birthday present every year.

2065cimg0117.jpg

8903cimg0311.jpg

-Ted Nugent-

Bates7,
Yes sir, I belong to a Jack Russel and i'm proud of it! I don't know how they pack that much personality and attitude into 8 lbs. I don't really know how useful they are either but as all around companions, they are tough to beat.

This is not my dog, but my son's Wolf-dog named 'Drift with my grandaughter, Sierra. Sierra is 4 now, and 'Drift is kinda like a rough-'n-tumble teenager. When they play together, we have to watch 'Drift, he means well, but plays kinda rough, and he's better than 100 lbs. Just one of my favorite family photos, though.

8276drift_&_sierra.jpg

>This is not my dog, but
>my son's Wolf-dog named 'Drift
>with my grandaughter, Sierra. Sierra
>is 4 now, and 'Drift
>is kinda like a rough-'n-tumble
>teenager. When they play together,
>we have to watch 'Drift,
>he means well, but plays
>kinda rough, and he's better
>than 100 lbs. Just one
>of my favorite family photos,
>though.
>

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.....
2a0fcsk.gif

2308698729_2e3d70193d_o.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

This is my gsp Addy. She is a sweetheart, plays soft with the kids and let's them climb all over her and doesn't even pick her head up. Hunts great I have not been able to get her to slow down even after 4 consecutive solid days of pheasant hunting.
576102-17-09_1005.jpg

749addy+point.jpg

9417addy.jpg

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Here are a couple of photos of my puppy Shelby. She is one crazy Aussie, full of energy and keeps me on my toes. She is 7 months old.

9054dsc00717.jpg

We take her to Dana Point Harbor a couple of times a week, she loves going out on the boat or just watching the sunset at the point.

2348dana_point_harbor_and_evinrude_props_032.jpg

todd.....I agree "he goes everywhere hunting for me" thats why they own us, my female gets to travel and hunt all over the west.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

You know how to prove that a dog is man's best friend. Lock your dog and wife in the car trunk for 3 or 4 hours then open it up and see which one is happy to see you!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 11:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 11:29?PM (MST)

This was Gus, the best dog I ever had. RIP.
100_0505.jpg

100_0509.jpg

The new kid, Onyx. His rank is yet to be determined.
100_0648.jpg

Nice lookin dogs,, all of em. I have a white lab about 3 years old and if I ever get another dog, me thinks it'll be a Jack Russell.

Buttshot you might want to look into the Rat Terrier breed as well. The breed is a blend of several different breeds such as Jack Russell, Fox Terrier, Whippet and several others. Believe it or not my Katie fetches doves. She's not real good with quail because she can't watch them fall out of the air. I'm thinking about getting another one.

-Ted Nugent-

Wikipedia is a great source to read about new dog breeds you may be considering. Gives background, behavior, needs.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I have owned several hunting dogs and a few ankle biter.

Although most were really good dogs, the best dog I ever owned
was free. It would never stay at its owners house so he gave up and let us have it. Of course, a few months later we inherited some pups as well.

After we gave the pups away, we took her in to get "fixed". It died at the Vet. It was not a good day. Been several months and we still miss that dang dog!

Hopefully, this works. Been a while since I posted pic's,
'Cracker' with pups:
8783dog.jpg

Great pooch pics guys. Here's my choco lab, Kidd.

6815103_2345.jpg

6485103_2439.jpg

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-10 AT 03:43PM (MST)[p]So here's my new addition. His name is Ruger and he's a Rat Terrier as well.

7008cimg0341ruger1.jpg

127cimg0342ruger2.jpg

Katie the Super Rat jumps over her new little buddy Ruger.
1047cimg0337katiesuperdog.jpg

227cimg0338rugerkatie.jpg

-Ted Nugent-

Here are a few of my faithful fishing partners, they are still standing strong after a 8 mile hike into the lake. Can't wait to get out and do it again this year.

4827dscf0132.jpg

7995dscf0091.jpg

9124dscf0075.jpg

Here we are playing on the year round snowpack.

9364dscf0116.jpg

Here they are waiting for my dad to finish cooking their fish dinner.

Great post. Makes you remember how special these guys are.

cpeay, do you mean "DOPE" because he's a cool dog or because he sniffs out "DOPE"? One of my better friends is a K-9 cop here in AZ. By the way that's one dope dope dog.

-Ted Nugent-

Colt. Lost him for a couple days and thought my life was over. Luckily he turned up with the help of a bunch of great friends.

clearing006.jpg

sheds029.jpg

hunt006.jpg

Its lonely at the top.... just the way I like it.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-10 AT 05:58PM (MST)[p]>cpeay, do you mean "DOPE" because
>he's a cool dog or
>because he sniffs out "DOPE"?
> One of my better
>friends is a K-9 cop
>here in AZ. By
>the way that's one dope
>dope dog.
>
>"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat
>are vegetarians - except for
>the occasional mountain lion steak."
>
>-Ted Nugent-

Hank is a drug dog up here in Morgan County. We get dope out of 2-3 cars a week with his nose.

Here's my chocolate lab male and his sister who belongs to my daughter. They are out of my wifes Chocolate and COSA's Choc male "Reggie". Checking the cows.
4701dsc00178.jpg

My daughters pug and her chocolate female on a deer hunting trip we took em on. They learned wall tent etiquette. This was a couple years ago when they were our only grandchildren. The Granddoggers.
6640dsc00090b.jpg

Here they are on the way home. Worn out.
8232dsc00097.jpg

On a sad note my old dog, Dexter, died during the night. He was almost 16 years old. Poor old Dexter just layed down and called it quits. He was kind of a goofy dog. His mother was a nice looking but pea-brained Australian Shepard/Border Collie mix and the father a traveling salesman that happened to be a papered German Shorthair. Dex was not sure if he should be a cow dog or bird dog. Amazingly enough he was a pretty good bird dog complete with full on points and retrieves. He never amounted to much as a cow dog but always tried to help. The last few years have been tough on him as he got more and more arthritic and bow legged. His teeth were worn down and he was just running out of steam. I was really surprised he made it through the tough winter we had here this year but he did. I can't really say I am sad because he lived a fantastic life and enjoyed it right up until the moment. But of course he will be missed.

What was funny about him is that people were afraid of him. UPS, service guys, gas deliverymen, all thought he was scary because he had black eyes and they didn't trust him. He never bit a single person or even acted aggressively but I guess he was intimidating.

Here is is as a much younger and vivacious dog stealing a free pet from a little girl who came to visit.

3966dexter.jpg

Here is our first "shadow" she is a great girl with a good nose, just a little to quick to flush the birds. She is a great judge of people though and will defend the family with her life when im not there.
2862cottonwood_lakes.jpg

4886cummings_ranch.jpg

She is great at finding fish too :)
8678cotonwood_lakes.jpg

Here is my 2nd best friend "crazy daisy", she is one hunting fool, no formal training, but great nose, works all day, and will hold her point forever.
7470img_0175.jpg

My two current dogs. Jughead is about 8 months/130; Veronica is about 8 weeks/30lbs. She wont' back down when they play. Shortly after this pic was taken, she reached for the low hanging fruit. Game over.

fighting.jpg

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

feddoc that was funny and it brings back some memories of a white german shepard we had when I was a boy.

NVbighorn I'm sorry for your loss. I hate it when a dog has to move on to greener pastures. That's why I will always have at least 2 dogs and not the same age.

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_13010.jpg[/img][/url]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom