Manti 2023

nvguy2

Curious if anyone has been out on the Manti this year and if anybody has been seeing any good bulls and what the overall conditions are this year? Planning a trip over in a few weeks but just curious if anyone has any info on this. Getting a little anxious for the hunt I guess!?

I hear you on the anxious part. I have the archery tag and am about to start counting down the hour’s instead of days.
I’ve seen tons of cows and calf’s everywhere I go. But I haven’t seen a single bull besides spikes through the glass. Couple smaller bulls on a camera I had set up but that’s it.
It’s hard not seeing bulls but they will come to the cows so it’s nice knowing how many of them I am seeing.
The cows look fat and happy and everything is green still.

Wondering How The Calf Crop Is Looking on Manti?

It's Not Good Up This Way!

I hear you on the anxious part. I have the archery tag and am about to start counting down the hour’s instead of days.
I’ve seen tons of cows and calf’s everywhere I go. But I haven’t seen a single bull besides spikes through the glass. Couple smaller bulls on a camera I had set up but that’s it.
It’s hard not seeing bulls but they will come to the cows so it’s nice knowing how many of them I am seeing.

For sure the greenest I can remember. We weren't looking for elk, but the deer we seen looked good. Saw couple rag bulls, one with a really messed up side that some spike hunter is going to have to make a hard decision on.

Still a bunch of snow, Jetts snow drift doesn't let you pass.

Only 318 sxs each day so that's good?

One day maybe I'll get that tag

And You Were One Of The 318?

For sure the greenest I can remember. We weren't looking for elk, but the deer we seen looked good. Saw couple rag bulls, one with a really messed up side that some spike hunter is going to have to make a hard decision on.

Still a bunch of snow, Jetts snow drift doesn't let you pass.

Only 318 sxs each day so that's good?

One day maybe I'll get that tag

Yeah, you’ll be in good shape if you know where all the cows are. Heard antler size for elk on the unit was down. Kinda surprised me but made me wonder if they got a late growing start because of the later harsh winter. My buddy seen this one last Sunday on the unit. Nice front end but looks like the backend is lacking. Hard to tell in the pics. It’s still green here in NV in a lot of places it’s normally brown by now.

2EBBEB69-E267-4CE9-9855-6F99EB4FC001.jpeg

Pm me. I’ll trade you some bull info for some spike info!

Yes, had some on cameras that were finishing very nice! Middle of July looked like they still had some growing to do.
Yeah, just talked to a guy whose friend has the Multiseason and he said they have seen some good ones too. Time will tell. Can’t wait to get up there. Archery is getting close.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom