Manti Late elk hunt 2019

Robiland

Very Active Member
Headed out this week for the late elk hunt. We have narrowed our search/hunt down to 3 areas. Gentry Mountain area, Ephraim canyon area, and the North end with the burn areas. Going out Tues or Wed to see one last time what we should do to start. If anyone has any advise or last minute advise/areas we are all ears.

We are not picky. We would take any mature bull, 5x5 to 6 point. But wont hesitate to shoot a branched antler bull. I have had a few guys message me and given some area to check, thanks!!!! We are looking there for sure. If any one saw any elk on the deer hunt or have an area to check on these late hunts where elk usually like to hide, let us know. Thanks again!

Getting excited.

All the good bulls I've seen are in their transition areas between Summer and Winter ranges. Lots of bulls still with the herds of Cows also.

I've seen the same as elk antlers. My family has 2 late tags to try n fill. No giants found yet, but seeing elk so far has been good. Good luck to you. We'll be hunting em as hard as we can.

Don't Shoot a Dink!

Branched?

5X5?

JUDAS!

Hang Tough!

Hunt Hard!

And Good Luck!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Elkass, if you know much about the manti, they have a gene of 5x5's that can be huge. I chased 1 several years ago when I had my archery tag. He was a GIANT. Someone killed him on the ride opener and scored 354. But the guy with a tag wants a good bull, but wants meat more than anything. Score isnt his priority.

We jumped a giant lone bull while deer hunting a week ago above Potters Pond, but I'm sure he's moved. He was a long way in and high. We also saw a small 6 that was still with cows as well, but lots can change in two weeks. Best of luck.

>Elkass, if you know much about
>the manti, they have a
>gene of 5x5's that can
>be huge. I chased
>1 several years ago when
>I had my archery tag.
> He was a GIANT.
> Someone killed him
>on the ride opener and
>scored 354. But the
>guy with a tag wants
>a good bull, but wants
>meat more than anything.
>Score isnt his priority.

Just Sayin Robi!

Nothin Wrong with a Big 5!

They look Cool!

This Tag ain't coming around too many times in a Lifetime!

Empty His Gun & Pack His Bullets if you have to!:D

Good Luck!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

We didnt find the big 5, but for about 3 minutes at 1st light I thought we did. We found a group of 60 elk. My buddy with the tag wanted any bull, mostly meat hunting. I made him hold off until we looked over the whole herd. I saw 2 or 3 spikes, 5 smaller 5 point bulls, and 1 bigger 5 point/barely 6 point we almost shot. Then a bigger bull came out about 10 minutes into 1st light. We decided on that bull. He was a 6 point. In the hustle and bustle to get into closer position from 760 yards, we cut it down to 500 yards and he took the shot. He was a solid 6 point. Dropped him in his tracks. I had it on video. He shot just over his back by 3-4 inches and re adjusted with the angle and drilled him perfect. But when he moved about 15 yards, I couldnt get the spotter on him for the 2nd shot. They were bugling all the whole time until after the shot. He was so excited. His son was even more excited.

Then the work began. My son and I cut, quartered and deboned and caped the bull for them and packed most of it out. They were not in packing weight shape. But it was some fun times. Ill post some pics and maybe the video later on today or tomorrow.

It had some crazy scars/wound on it.

We didnt find the big 5, but for about 3 minutes at 1st light I thought we did. We found a group of 60 elk. My buddy with the tag wanted any bull, mostly meat hunting. I made him hold off until we looked over the whole herd. I saw 2 or 3 spikes, 5 smaller 5 point bulls, and 1 bigger 5 point/barely 6 point we almost shot. Then a bigger bull came out about 10 minutes into 1st light. We decided on that bull. He was a 6 point. In the hustle and bustle to get into closer position from 760 yards, we cut it down to 500 yards and he took the shot. He was a solid 6 point. Dropped him in his tracks. I had it on video. He shot just over his back by 3-4 inches and re adjusted with the angle and drilled him perfect. But when he moved about 15 yards, I couldnt get the spotter on him for the 2nd shot. They were bugling all the whole time until after the shot. He was so excited. His son was even more excited.

Then the work began. My son and I cut, quartered and deboned and caped the bull for them and packed most of it out. They were not in packing weight shape. But it was some fun times. Ill post some pics and maybe the video later on today or tomorrow.

It had some crazy scars/wound on it.
Awesome! Me and my father recently got into finding their dropped antlers in the spring, and have heard good things about gentry mountain! Any ideas what areas of the mountain they go when it’s colder and there’s snow?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom