Manti Muzzy Elk 2024

Ac300win

Super stoked to have drawn a muzzy tag for 2024 as a non resident after 24 years of applying for early rifle. Grew up in Midvale and our group has hunted the area for generations.

We had an early rifle tag in our group last year and had a good hunt with a nice older age class bull (8 yrs old) on the 4th day. We struggled finding bulls over 330 and consistently saw poor tops and mass above the G-4’s. That 5 day hunt was tough mentally and decided a longer season with the smoke pole was good choice to take advantage of a relatively mild winter and the abundance of stunted bulls we saw last year.

Anticipating a great horn growth year and hoping for some inspiration from those that haven been spending time in the central-south end of the unit.

Going to be a great experience with close family and friends. Trying to mentally prepare and not worry too much about inches and staying focused on finding precision with this smoke pole.

I’d love to have that tag in my pocket this year! Any year you get to chase big bulls is a good year, but I think this year might be exceptionally good on the Manti. And the muzzy dates almost always have the best rut action.

Best of luck!
Agreed, good moon phase as well!

IMG_3779.jpeg

I'm Perty Sure If you Had Hit A Few Banquets & Whipped Your Pocket Book Out You Could Be Hunting It This Year!

For A Nominal F'N Fee!

I’d love to have that tag in my pocket this year! Any year you get to chase big bulls is a good year, but I think this year might be exceptionally good on the Manti. And the muzzy dates almost always have the best rut action.

Best of luck!

Yeah Mack. Oldest son’s Emily bull. I’m in NE Oregon. Where abouts are you? Just learned that our resident party has an archery and two early rifle tags for Manti. Hope they leave a good one for me.So much for trying to stagger tags…

Yeah Mack. Oldest son’s Emily bull. I’m in NE Oregon. Where abouts are you? Just learned that our resident party has an archery and two early rifle tags for Manti. Hope they leave a good one for me.So much for trying to stagger tags…
Nice! I'm in Albany/Corvallis area, was born in SLC and raised in southern Idaho. Wow... three tags that is cool, you guys will be busy!
Yeah, save us one if you can! My cousin from Utah has an archery tag as well.

Good luck to you guys this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom