Maps

OpeningDay

Ok guys. I live in Utah and need to get my hands on some good maps for CO. I need maps that will show me private land within the units I have drawn.. Anyone know where I can order BLM or topo maps that are going to show me Private/tribal and public land within these units?

Link below to one site I found although I've not bought any of these so I can't vouch for how good they might be. A buddy bought the "Hunt Data" software for his GPS for that purpose to see exactly where the Private is. I'm not sure also if he's tested it in the field yet also. I might pick up some this year also and I live around the BLM and FS offices where I can go look at them physically. The older FS maps I have show that type of info but not very good topowise and the USGS quads have good topo but does not show private boundaries if that's one of your main interests. If I do so I'll try to post. Sorry I can't be more help.

http://plicmapcenter.org/view.php?typ=Counties&st=CO&mcid=denverwest

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-12 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]What units? For an overview of some units, you can't beat the waterproof national geographic maps. They cost more than the BLM maps, but well worth it to me. Some of the national forest maps are really nice to have as well, depending on where you are hunting.

+3 for the National Geographic Maps. They are excellent and available for many areas in Colorado. Wish they were available for more areas.

I personally think Mytopo.com is the best. You can order GMU hunting maps for several states. The maps clearly show National Forest, BLM, State, and private land. You can also custom build maps for specific areas. I have ordered a few and they are excellent!

I second the My Topo maps. You can customize the size and scale of the map, and select any area you want. Shows all the detail you need, public/private land...great maps, durable, and reasonably priced.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-12 AT 06:07AM (MST)[p]I'm also a big fan of my topo maps.

What's even better is if you have a gps. Then you can go here and get you the hole state, and it shows everything. http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

You might want to look at the website for whatever county you are interested in to see if they have their GIS information available online. It generally not only shows the public/private lands, but usually contains private lands owner information as well.

There's only 1 degree of DEAD!

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-12
>AT 06:07?AM (MST)

>
>I'm also a big fan of
>my topo maps.
>
>What's even better is if you
>have a gps. Then
>you can go here and
>get you the hole state,
>and it shows everything.
>http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/
>
>"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."
>

those GPS maps tend to be more accurage and the plot maps give you LOs. What's even better is the 3D capabilities of the upper level GPSs and you can see more accurate differences in elevation. For instance: you can be sitting looking at a place and watch deer disappear and switch the GPs over to 3D mode and pan the area to check out the bowls and swags you're looking at.

I went on the Huntingfool site and bought a map. The type of map I bought was a unit specific map in Colorado, that showed elk range (summer and winter), migration routes, etc. Not a bad map, but it's only 100,00 to 1, and its hard to read the names of the creeks.

-Go Big, or Go Home-

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom