Marine responds to Harry Ried

202typical

Long Time Member
Irate Marine in Ramadi Responds to 'War is Lost' Message
Mon Apr 23 2007 13:07:1 ET

This Email To Me, Harry, And America, Direct From A Grunt On The Front Lines Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

A view from OP Horea, ?Most Dangerous Spot On Earth?, Downtown Ramadi. I no ##### watched several terrorists die, on several different days, on this small strip of asphalt. We also took many IED strikes on it. This photo is from Corporal Rock.

Today, from Corporal Tyler Rock in an outpost in downtown Ramadi. His first sentence is in response to an email from me:

?yeah i know how you feel. its going to be very weird leaving this place and going back to america. weve been here for almost an entire year and have lived in the center of it the whole time. its crazy that when we got here it was so hectic and now its calmed down so much. so it was awesome to be able to see that turn out.

yeah news worth reporting?. well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and that we work directly with the IA and the IP?s. the city has been cleaned up so well that the IP?s do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to hand out candy and toys to the children. you can tell that the people want us here to protect them from the thugs and gangs (insurgents). granted they would rather have peace and quit but they know that if we arent here they will be thrown around by the insurgents. a good example is this one mission we did. long story short we got blown up in multiple buildings and had to run into a families house. i spent my christmas holidays covered in ash from the mortar fire and the IED?s, sleeping under a dirty rug i found in the house. everyone was sleeping way to close for comfort just to stay warm. anyways. a family was there and they obviously didnt want us there. atleast at first. the daughters were very sick so our corpsman treated them. they didnt have electricity so we got them a generator for power, they were cold so we got them gas heaters, we got them food and water and then we gave them $500. by the end of the week long visit with them we were drinking tea with them. when we left we cleaned their house better than it was when we got there. i even have pictures with the family. they told us that they liked marines and they would help us as much as they could and they gave us some information on the insurgents in the area. we ended up catching a HUGE target down the road from there house because of it.

Part Of A Weapons Cache Seized Recently In Fields Next To What Used To Be An Insurgent Claimed Hospital. Thanks To 1/6, The Insurgents Don?t Claim It Anymore. Zarqawi Had Reportedly Been Treated There.

yeah and i got a qoute for that douche harry reid. these families need us here. obviously he has never been in iraq. or atleast the area worth seeing. the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces. we need to stay here and help rebuild. if iraq didnt want us here then why do we have IP?s voluntering everyday to rebuild their cities. and working directly with us too. same with the IA?s. it sucks that iraqi?s have more patriotism for a country that has turned to complete ##### more than the people in america who drink starbucks everyday. we could leave this place and say we are sorry to the terrorists. and then we could wait for 3,000 more american civilians to die before we say ?hey thats not nice? again. and the sad thing is after we WIN this war. people like him will say he was there for us the whole time.
and for messages back home. i have a wife back home who is going through a tough time. i just cant wait to be back home and see everyone. haha and i cant wait to go back home and get some starbucks. i love it when those people serve me. hahaha?

TTT
Just in case Huntindude didn't see it the first time.
Come on Dude, give us your thoughts about this...

Brahma >>>------>
Take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. And make me savoury meat, such as I love. Genesis 27

Well first off who wrote it? maybe I've spent as much time in Iraq as he or she has. second what difference does it make? what war have we ever let a " grunt " run? give me some time and I'll write a letter from an anonymous general telling us we need to get out of Iraq now. you guys are too much, can't you do better than this you're not even any fun anymore.

That's just life if you're not a yes man, unlike a pivot man like yourself who is popular with the right crowd.

> Well first off who wrote
>it? maybe I've spent as
>much time in Iraq as
>he or she has. second
>what difference does it make?
>what war have we ever
>let a " grunt "
>run? give me some time
>and I'll write a letter
>from an anonymous general telling
>us we need to get
>out of Iraq now. you
>guys are too much, can't
>you do better than this
>you're not even any fun
>anymore.

Why are you in a continual state of denial about any good to come from the WOT ?

Follow the link...took a whole (0.28 seconds) on GOOGLE...

http://patdollard.com/

Dude, you believe what you want but I fully believe that this is written by somebody there on the ground there in Ramadi. I was there last year when the decision was made to take full control of Ramadi. We as Marines, learned a lot of valuable lessons from the 2 battles for Fallujah. Oh, and I was there on the ground during the first of those and my nephew was shot while fighting in that battle.

We decided to take Ramadi a block at a time, quietly, rather than go in and blow the hell out of the place. We wanted to win over the civilian populace who over the past couple of years have not really wanted us around. But from intel we knew they were being regularly harassed and tortured by the insurgents to keep them in check. I still remember the day a friend of mine lost 15 Marines KIA in Ramadi in April, 2004. His company lost more Marines during their one tour in Ramadi than most infantry battalions lost in two tours. Maybe you've seen the show on Shoot Out.

We started taking Ramadi back a couple of months before I left. It was going very well when I left and after. Maybe you've seen the stories on how quiet it has gotten in Al Anbar Province. This was the most dangerous province in Iraq for a number of years. The Marines, with the help of some Army units, have gotten that area fairly well under control.

Only 6 Marines have died this month. 2 of those were non combat related accidents.

Dude what is it going to take to get you to take your blinders off and see the good coming out of this? I'm not a yes man and never have been. I will tell you straight up how things are. I don't talk in PC terms and will tell my commanding officers exactly what I think of their plans and ideas. That's my job as the senior enlisted advisor. Keep them from doing stupid crap that will reap more havoc than good.

FX4, 9 US soldiers died today and 20 more injured. the cost in lives and dollars is too high for what we'll win IF we win. IF we did win what will it look like? will a few dozen sectarian killings a day be a win? how do you know when you've won in a deal like this? these people are nuts and not worth it in my opinion. cutting your loses or cutting and running, it's all how you look at it.

AS I SAID MANY TIMES!!!

YOU CAN NOT WIN A WAR FIGHTING IT LIKE THIS!!!

DO ANY OF YOU FRICKEN REMEMBER WHAT I SAID FROM THE START???

A WHOLE BUNCH OF YOU JUMPED ME FOR THE FLY-OVERS!!!

THERE WOULD OF BEEN THREE MAJOR FLY-OVERS!!!

THERE WOULD OF BEEN VERY DAMN FEW AMERICAN SOLDIERS ENDANGERED!!!

WHEN THEY DROPPED THE LIEFLETS & NOBODY MOVED I'D OF TOOK HER OFF THE MAP & STAKED IT AS U.S. TERRITORY & MADE THE 52ND STATE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat SICK OF THE USA LOSING AMERICAN SOLDIERS WHEN WE DON'T NEED TOO!!!

Dude I know all about the negative things that happen as well, but you seem hell bent on seeing NO good in the way things are going. The country is being calmed little by little.

We lost a hell of a lot more in all of the wars previous to the Golf War. With the exception of the World Wars and the Revolution, what good did we get out of them? I don't count the Civil War b/c that was us attacking us.

You can't compare this war to the wars of yesterday. we've occupied Iraq for what 4 years now and things are little or no better than ever as seen today. if this was a conventional war we'ld have won it long ago , yet we think it can be won the old fashioned way. I don't think I'm being all that negative, as someone who's self employed I've learned sometimes you have to admit you screwed up and change directions, pride will kill you. this war is a wreck and you have to pee in the glass to call it half full anymore, it's either get out or let Bobcat try his thing unless we want to be there forever.

Well Dude,

I would expect you to say they don't compare and I guess you are right. 4 years and a little over 3000 KIA versus 3 1/2 years and 10's of thousands KIA just against Japan. Yeah they don't compare.

You have me convinced that if we were in that era with this kind of BS media coverage, you'd have a lot against the "Island Hopping Campaign". Lost over 6800 Marines KIA in just 36 days on Iwo Jima alone. You would have had a problem, I'm sure with attacking all these little islands all over the Pacific instead of just going to Japan itself.

Then there is the European Front. They never attacked us on US soil so why fight the Germans?

You didn't believe a Marine actually wrote the email in the original post. Here's a link to show it to be true.

http://ebird.afis.mil/ebfiles/e20070427508933.html

WWII was a fight for survival, any cost was what had to be paid. you can offer no proof only political rhetoric that Iraq matters at all. we know what would have happened if we'ld lost to Germany or Japan. we started Iraq and you can't prove we need to stay in the capacity we are today, to compare the two wars is meaningless.

That's very true, but American's are dying and we're spending a bunch of money your way this we know for sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom